thescythianking

How to join friends easy

I see people always with friends for lps and stuff but i just want to join my friend but we cant find eachother so is there an easy way to find eachother

Use a map and start to recognize the road signs, making your way to the same city.

Or just be lazy and keep hitting "respawn" until you're both in the same city.

Since it takes a while to respawn, (Waiting for server response, etc.) a good middle ground is to respawn until you're both near Cherno or Electro (includes Balota, Prigorodky and Kamyshovo) and then meet up somewhere in the tree line behind it to avoid conflict.

When you spawn, your location show up very briefly in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Use this map to verify location and arrange a meet-up:

http://avidblur.com/arma2/

When you spawn' date=' your location show up very briefly in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Use this map to verify location and arrange a meet-up:

http://avidblur.com/arma2/

[/quote']

As jonaswashe mentioned above, the location that shows up in the bottom left on your screen is very important when you spawn. It does help when trying to locate your friends location.

Use a map and start to recognize the road signs' date=' making your way to the same city.

[/quote']

Note that Rocket recommended not to use "Respawn" ^^

Use a map and start to recognize the road signs' date=' making your way to the same city.

[/quote']

Then I note to him to somehow make it a tad easier to play with real life friends, as the 1hr hike sometimes just to reach a friend is a killing blow for a lot of people.... plus if its night, even worse. Learning signs and map is great and all and gets it done, but there could be a tad easier system in place.

At the current moment its a pain to play with REAL life friends, and its just much easier to play solo and spawn and then find new friends in-game to grp with, because your REAL life buddy may have spawned north or clear south etc etc. Find it something that should be in place IMHO. #1 draw back i have with the mod. Makes teamwork just harder, and unnecessary time spent just running to meet a friend. Course Alpha is Alpha :) So no biggy

[/quote']

Then I note to him to somehow make it a tad easier to play with real life friends, as the 1hr hike sometimes just to reach a friend is a killing blow for a lot of people.... plus if its night, even worse. Learning signs and map is great and all and gets it done, but there could be a tad easier system in place.

At the current moment its a pain to play with REAL life friends, and its just much easier to play solo and spawn and then find new friends in-game to grp with, because your REAL life buddy may have spawned north or clear south etc etc. Find it something that should be in place IMHO. #1 draw back i have with the mod. Makes teamwork just harder, and unnecessary time spent just running to meet a friend.

keep in mind, this is still alpha, but I agree it would be nice to have an easier time getting together with friends in the future.

I don't find it a pain to play with friends, even with the current issues.

You just keep finding a place until you manage to all get in. Your friends should wait a few minutes for a slot to open on the server if it fills. (You can minimise this game easily and it'll continue loading)

[/quote']

just curious, but why not to use respawn? i've had a couple situation's i've used it (middle of nowhere, no ammo, no zombies to let kill me, passing out from blood loss....etc..)

and if possible link to source of this recommendation

just curious' date=' but why not to use respawn? i've had a couple situation's i've used it (middle of nowhere, no ammo, no zombies to let kill me, passing out from blood loss....etc..)

and if possible link to source of this recommendation

[/quote']

Because it results in another request to the main server, which causes a greater strain, which means it then takes everyone else longer to get connected to game.

Rocket said that spamming respawn causes a lot of strain on the servers, so it's best to avoid doing that.