Sign in to follow this  
disorder

Zombie Soldiers

So I've been wondering, why are there loads of shot up military vehicles if the military were are the only ones with guns? Did the zombies take up arms (and by that I mean weapons, not arms that just fell off) or did the mil get infected and shoot each other? If they did get infected, why aren't there military zombies with guns, like the ones in STALKER?

Would you think a zombie randomly taking pot shots at you among the other chaos is a good idea?

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

Zombies are people ultimately reverted to their primitive state. Possessing the ability to use simple tools or weapons would not/should not be part of their being. IMO.

That actually is an odd point, I'm surprised I didn't notice it myself.

Upon further thought, it is possible that the local populace was scared or desperate to get their loved ones out of the area. They may have felt that the military was taking too long. As such, they take up arms and try to break through the quarantine/checkpoints. The military was both shot up (explains uninfected dead bodies) and overrun by zed (explains military zed).

For the military zed carrying guns, zombies don't tend to have very good fine motor control which makes it impossible for them to manipulate a gun.

Ok and this is what rocket has specifically said somewhere right? Ok, so they might not be able to hold anything perhaps? What about ones with personal sidearms? I think it would be nice to occasionally find a pistol on a soldier zombie's belt. Add to that a whole load of things they might use in the military like a chance to find a stack of 3 ammo (in belt bag) or a chance to find medical equipment/bandage.

Edited by disorder

I think it'd be cool for a rare-spawn (maybe 1-2%) that a military zombie would spawn with a random gun (pistol or assault rifle) and walk around taking wildly inaccurate shots at any survivors that aggro him.

Make him spawn with one full magazine then when that runs out he drops the gun and acts like a normal zombie (he's figured out how to use the gun like STALKER zombies, but he has no idea what reloading is).

Would work well to freak survivors out when they aggro a zombie and suddenly bullets are flying everywhere :D

Edited by Dibbz

i agree the type of zed should inflict what type of loot they drop/have on them kill a cop zombie wheres his gun

I think it'd be cool for a rare-spawn (maybe 1-2%) that a military zombie would spawn with a random gun (pistol or assault rifle) and walk around taking wildly inaccurate shots at any survivors that aggro him.

Make him spawn with one full magazine then when that runs out he drops the gun and acts like a normal zombie (he's figured out how to use the gun like STALKER zombies, but he has no idea what reloading is).

Yeah something like that would be quite cool, even if you have the random shooting of zombies in between him and you. Likewise it would also make a noise and follow similar Z attraction rules.

• Like 1

Zombies generally work on instinct.

They hear something, they waddle over to investigate.

They see something, they waddle over to investigate.

Once they recognize it as prey, they attack.

Picking up 3kg's worth of metal, pointing it at the target and clenching your hand isn't what instinct does. That's called thinking.

Yeah something like that would be quite cool, even if you have the random shooting of zombies in between him and you. Likewise it would also make a noise and follow similar Z attraction rules.

That's a good point. Would make those zombies especially hazardous for survivors attempting to be stealthy with silent weapons because as soon as the zombie is aggro'd he starts blasting away and all zombies within earshot are gonna come running.

That makes me want this even more ^^

Dr621 look at dibbz' suggestion, that is a way around the issue of "thinking" zombies.

• Like 1