Falcrist

The most valuable thing in the game…

…is a trustworthy friend.

Everything else is temporary.

Forget M107s, Range Finders, Ghillie Suits, and M9 SDs. Those things will be lost to bugs, rollbacks, and deaths.

If you don't have a friend to watch your back, you'll be at a serious disadvantage until you find one.

Edited by Falcrist
  • Like 13

Better yet is finding another player and actually not shooting each other and profiting from teamplay

Better yet is finding another player and actually not shooting each other and profiting from teamplay

If he doesn't shoot you in the back…

The player you knew from other games and can TRUST is the ideal option.

Even that dosen't always work, my friend (known him IRL for 10 years) accidentally axe'd me in the face yesterday! That's like 'accidentally' cutting off your head whilst shaving. He was trying to give me blood and instead of using middle mouse, used left mouse and THWOCK, respawn at Electro :)

• Like 1

Even that dosen't always work, my friend (known him IRL for 10 years) accidentally axe'd me in the face yesterday! That's like 'accidentally' cutting off your head whilst shaving. He was trying to give me blood and instead of using middle mouse, used left mouse and THWOCK, respawn at Electro :)

yeah i had my friend shoot me in the face lol, he was shooting a zombie and accidently shot me as it was chasing me so yeah, get a friend. i might find someone ingame, team up with him, then after an hour or so, kill him and take his loot, i feel like going on a troll spree with all these whiners who whine about being shot in a game with weapons lol.

Speaking of trustworthy friends. I just lost some.

Looking for a new group of players, cause my old BF3 buddies are suddenly really shady.

Ain't that the truth. I've been contemplating buying ArmA 2 copies for everyone I know while its on sale lol And then this damn hacking spree starts >:( Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to actually enjoy this game.

Looking for a new group of players, cause my old BF3 buddies are suddenly really shady.

You ain't from my group, are you? In the one adventure, one guy was shot because he didn't pipe up to the query 'is everyone prone' quick enough, so got shot by someone else in our group.. then I shoot another friendly in the back as he was going to check out a guy who had a Z train with him.. didn't know he had stood up.. not my fault! :P

Yep, something which I severely lack in this game. I have very close gaming friends, but they're all from Xbox Live and not one has a PC built for games.

It's a lonely hard life trying to survive alone.

• Like 1

The humble tin can and empty bottle of Jack are the most valuable things in game in my opinion.

I am always extremely nervous when giving blood/morphine/epi pens to my comrades. I hate it that the same click to fire a burst of AK rounds is also used to apply medicine to a wounded friend.

The humble tin can and empty bottle of Jack are the most valuable things in game in my opinion.

It is just about the only damn thing that will break the hospital windows.

One of the first things we taught our new friend in the game is using middle mouse to CLICK those options too, NOT use left mouse button! He put a revolver round into the wall right beside my buddy's head because he was left clicking the mousewheel options lol..

You ain't from my group, are you? In the one adventure, one guy was shot because he didn't pipe up to the query 'is everyone prone' quick enough, so got shot by someone else in our group.. then I shoot another friendly in the back as he was going to check out a guy who had a Z train with him.. didn't know he had stood up.. not my fault! :P

That kind of shit doesn't bother me. The problem is that the guy who was showing me the ropes was accused of theft, and ostracised by two separate groups (which had previously broken off from each other). Now I'm out too, because I was playing with him so much. Guilt by association.

WHY does there have to be drama? The game is fucking stressful enough as it is.

Yep, something which I severely lack in this game. I have very close gaming friends, but they're all from Xbox Live and not one has a PC built for games.

It's a lonely hard life trying to survive alone.

My gmail address is Falcrist at gmail. If you share this mentality, feel free to contact me. I'm looking to find or build a low-drama group to run with.

I am always extremely nervous when giving blood/morphine/epi pens to my comrades. I hate it that the same click to fire a burst of AK rounds is also used to apply medicine to a wounded friend.

I agree this is very dangerous. Your betting off setting the key to something close to WASD.

given that at the moment not the zombies are the biggest threat, for me the most valuable thing is a good sniper rifle.

given that at the moment not the zombies are the biggest threat, for me the most valuable thing is a good sniper rifle.

Everyone you can take out with a sniper rifle is not a thread but a victim, no matter how well equipped and potentually dangerous he is. If you want to kill that way fine, its part of the game. But dont talk about threats...

yes they are. There is always a chance that they will get close enough to spot you and kill you. Plus they may have food or supplies.

Everything counts for increasing my survival odds.

I got 6 of my mates at school to start playing with me, it makes the game so much more interesting. :)

I got 6 of my mates at school to start playing with me, it makes the game so much more interesting. :)

Cooperative play is far more satisfying than solo. It's especially satisfying because it's basically squad deathmatch in a sandbox where you choose your own missions.

Im total noobsauce and will be jumping in for the first time after work today. Im definitely be up for grouping up, after I learn the ropes of course.

• Like 1

actually the most valuable thing in the game is mountain dew

If I knew I could trade 1000 mountain dews for one good friend to watch my back faithfully, I would look for nothing else. It doesn't even matter that I already have some. You cannot have enough people.

Im total noobsauce and will be jumping in for the first time after work today. Im definitely be up for grouping up, after I learn the ropes of course.

To be fair, I do think everyone should spend their first night alone (maybe on vent with some friends), if for no other reason than to learn how true my statement really is. Edited by Falcrist

If I knew I could trade 1000 mountain dews for one good friend to watch my back faithfully, I would look for nothing else.

Beautiful. I would help you out if you added me on steam. I'm a bit new but I'm packing some serious heat that I'd be willing to share. I've honestly never seen another person in DayZ. I'm super careful about that.

• Like 1

That kind of shit doesn't bother me. The problem is that the guy who was showing me the ropes was accused of theft, and ostracised by two separate groups (which had previously broken off from each other). Now I'm out too, because I was playing with him so much. Guilt by association.

WHY does there have to be drama? The game is fucking stressful enough as it is.

My gmail address is Falcrist at gmail. If you share this mentality, feel free to contact me. I'm looking to find or build a low-drama group to run with.

Dude I totally agree, this game as a whole is pretty difficult, not including having to duck other human players. Working as teams works so much better and meeting helpful people passing through helps a lot too lol.

Its a long cold night out there sometimes, we just lookin for some frands.

:D