I have no Idea where to get version 1.61 I cant join any servers cause my version is currently 1.60 and I have no idea where to patch this. HELP PLEASE!

Edited by TheWalkingFred

Sorry but I am still having troubles it seems the patch is not installing correctly or something because it is still not working?... any advice?

I have no Idea where to get version 1.61 I cant join any servers cause my version is currently 1.60 and I have no idea where to patch this. HELP PLEASE!

same here man but my version says 1.61 and i need 1.61 *poker face* almost all servers are red x'd :(

Apparently the latest beta patch 94945 causes issues but if you're having difficulties with 94876 it might be worth trying 94945.

However, before doing that, try updating with Six Launcher.

Edited by -BeeR-JP

ive tried eveything, DayZ is f***ed for me :( just got to wait for a hotfix which will inevitably break something else D:

I am guessing you are still launching non beta patched ARMA 2. The beta patch doesn't overwrite your none-beta installation.

Basicly go to your ARMA 2 OA folder and find the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut, use that and enable DayZ in main menu->Expansions

add the -mod=@DayZ or -mod=DayZ (depending on what you named your DayZ folder) modifier to the shortcut, and it will now be a quick launch to DayZ

You could also just RTFM the beta patch provides.

This is a quick rundown of how i install new updates with 0 problems. Steam only. Scroll down to where i start talking about the beta patch if you want to skip the start.

-Both games fully installed and ran before any mods or betas are applied.

-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.

-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-Run the .exe and install.

-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).

-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.