Sign in to follow this  
Treykwondo

Pretty lost

So i bought Arma 2 this afternoon just for Dayz.

I bought it through Steam.. All installed... Installed Dayz ... Nothing...

Followed a friends advice , used sixupdater... Actually got to theloading part of joining a game...

It locks up right before when i should spawn i believe , haveto completely restart app.. But never passes that.

I uninstalled and downloaded it all AGAIN!..... Same thing... Just used 6updater this time , and now dayz doesnt even show up..

Im really disappointed in this... I suffer from intense gad and i will never sleep knowing that i spent money on this and its not even working....

I have googled til my fingers hurt , i have read until my ears are smoking... Please just help me out before i down a bottle of new amsterdam and throw my damn laptop across the room.

If its any news needed.. I accidentally installed a 32bit operating system on my laptop.... Dont know if theres a 64bit need , i doubt it...

But please help.

When installing through steam:

1 - Install ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA.

2 - Run ArmA 2 first, let it get to the menu, then quit.

3 - Install the Beta & DayZ via Six Launcher.

4 - Overwrite the original ArmA 2 OA .exe with the beta .exe in the Expansions/Beta folder.

5 - Right Click ArmA 2 OA on Steam, Properties, Set Launch Options, Paste this: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz (You can also add "-world=Chernarus" for quicker map loading of DayZ servers).

6 - Run ArmA 2 OA as Combined Operations (choose CO when running or just right click and "Run Combined Operations").

7 - Play DayZ and die within your first 10 minutes. Enjoy :)

First of all. Don't use sixupdater :) I know lots of people have success with it, but I prefer to do it manually, that way I know exactly what has happened where, and if something goes wrong, it's much easier to fix.... plus it's not that hard.

There are lots of installation guides on the forums here. This sticky in the new player forum might help

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10051-index-of-helpful-threads/

I'd really love to say that this worked....It still locks up...

>_< My life!!

I installed it all manually before

Edited by Treykwondo

Sorry for double post.

I have been trying averything , I will try everything you guys suggest

Well I only got it to work today. But I found that using the 94876 beta patch to fix my problems. I followed this guide http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29401-guide-steam-to-those-spawning-invisible-no-debug-errors-beta-update/

Particularily the part about making the backup and then copying the .exe from the beta folder is important. But I would also note that some servers simply won't work for me. I always try the ones that state they use the 94876 beta. And even then I have to try more then one to find one that works.

Sometimes I get no textures. >.>

Anyways. That's all I can do to help. Since it worked for me and I'm a complete newbie to this game. ;3