Ha! I have one story for you guys - yesterday i was a bit bored and i thought it might be funny to run around in Cherno/Elektro, seeing how fast i can equip myself and NOT trying to shoot other survivors/bandits. Everytime i would see another player, i would try to talk over voice with him.

First time i got shot by 2 guys, i had no weapon at all. Second time i found a nice guy in Elektro, we looted about 10 minutes together, until i got shot by a sniper at the Elektro hill. Next time i got shot trying to talk to another survivor...

My last run was hilarious: I spawned in Cherno, looted all the buildings in about 15 minutes, got myself an AK with a M1911 and lots of food/drinks, i decided to head to the Balota Airfield, maybe i will find "another" nice survivor. When i approached the first hangar, i read in the chat "friendly?". I stopped and answered "yes, i'm friendly" over voice. While i was talking, i noticed someone stood behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a survivor behind me. But before i could talk to him, he opened fire at me, i only could scream "DON'T SHOOT I'M FRIEN..." and i was dead. I still don't get why he killed me, i almost thought i found another nice guy.

By any chance, were you being chased by zombies and died just after climbing the hospital ladder?

If so, I was your mate

Edited by luisgzm23

I am definitely a carebear player, I try my hardest to hide from other players when I see them or avoid confrontations altogether by just leaving the area if I see another player. I've tried too many times to team up with people just to have them shoot me in the back 5 minutes later. Only once have I been in a group that didn't try to kill me right away, but I think that's only because I was unarmed.

I've learned that its best to be cautious, but more importantly very heavily armed.

Right now I have the best gear I've ever picked up and I intend to keep it by any means necessary.

So if I see a bandit, or even think that they might pose a threat to me, I take them out from 600m with my shiny new DMR :D

I get pissed cuz fools roll on me all the time too, Steam ID: optionrider420, gimme a shout

I never trust anyone besides my clan, we once took 2 people with us, they ended up shooting my friend but I got them before he died, we survived.

FAIL. I agree with you. im sick of bandits. But honestly. this game is based around "TRUST NO BODY"

You start building a group and get that one thing someone likes and they will kill you for it.

didnt you ever see the youtube videos "dayz IRL"?

Actually, the one thing this game is built around is "actions have consequences but not direct punishments." The trust no body... er, nobody, thing is something players have brought themselves. And if they want to unmake it, they could do that as well.

To everyone who says players can't go out and target bandits, I say that's ridiculous. Players can do whatever they want.

bandits being the "population majority" is an illusion.

generated by the fact they roam in large groups and generally make a lot of noise, either with gun fire or by seeking out High population areas to get player kills.

The vast majority of players roam random servers in solo, or 2 man groups, while bandits stick to a single server where they have a massive advantage with stashed gear and even vehicles. This further increases the effect of the "illusion" that you "carebears" are out numbered. You are out gunned, but not out numbered.

And this is absolutely true. Currently, the bandit population is only 17.9%, and that's higher then usual. Probably it being higher then usual is why we're seeing all these lets go kill bandit's threads.

bandits being the "population majority" is an illusion.

lol this dude. 99% of people KOSing (kill on sight) yet you say its an illusion. You either play on a rainbow-pony-servers or I dont know.

To everyone who says players can't go out and target bandits, I say that's ridiculous. Players can do whatever they want.

Except that you can't see who's a bandit until you kill them.

To the OP - say thx to the devs that enforce player killing. Carry on.

I just hate being the one to ruin another's hard work and tiem spent. I lsot a character todya with well over 8 hours of time put into and I died becuase soem asshole decided he wanted my shit. I work to hard and would ahte to do the same to another player thus why I don't feel like shotting at another person, especially because msot of the time the opposing person is not looking for a fight.

ooooh boo hoo i lost my 14 day old character to a noob survivor with a lee enfield now he has a GPS a AS50 and a L85A2 AWS just live with it its part of the game if you have to play like "oooh look i'm here but dont shoot me pls" you have to ask yourself do you want to kill or you want to get killed

lol this dude. 99% of people KOSing (kill on sight) yet you say its an illusion. You either play on a rainbow-pony-servers or I dont know.

Did you know 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Did you know 87% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

:D Good one.

Every player I met shoot me. Thats 100% right there.

We got a group just for you then :P.Our only requirement to join is that you do not shoot people without due cause.

The Anti-Bandits Steam Group:

http://steamcommunit...groups/TAB-DayZ

I'm down for joining an anti bandit group! Always need some good players to group with and watch each others backs!

:D Good one.

Every player I met shoot me. Thats 100% right there.

You don't know how many people saw you and silently left without alerting you.

If there were no bandits the game would be boring. I play the good guy, and only fire in self defence...but i still like bandits. Makes the game far more tense.

Bottom line...if you want to be the good guy...welI then I will me more than happy for an easy kill, and make your weapons my weapons!

Edited by Jesse_James
  • Like 2

Bottom line...if you want to be the good guy...welI then I will me more than happy for an easy kill, and make your weapons my weapons!

Another good one. :D

Everytime I seem to finally gather good weapons, a map, and some meds I happen to have a run in with a douche. I never fire, I just type in direct friendly and walk away from them, every single time I've died. I'm looking for a group of people who want to play together and if necessary hunt down bandits. I am also interested in starting a group so please post if you are looking for someone to paly wwith, or already ahve a group. Whatever the case there is power in numbers, and I'd really like to finally get a vehicle operational.

Well what the hell is wrong with you typing first and not firing, when are you going to learn your lesson!? I'm guessing you're still new to the game so i'll give you some advice that everyone already has probably said and has already been written: Shoot anyone you see that isn't your friend. That's the way it has to be or 9 times out of 10 you're going to get killed and it's going to be your fault. If you can't shoot him/her/them and they outnumber you then RUN. Don't sit there and type "friendly?" because that a) let's them know a player is there if they hadn't noticed you and B) let's them have those few valuable seconds to aim and shoot you in the head, or they'll lie and type "Yes", then pop you in the back of the head.

Other advice: If you happen to actually pal with a stranger immediately add them to steam; people are much less likely to shoot you in the back for your tasty beans if you guys are friends on steam.

Except that you can't see who's a bandit until you kill them.

Unless, of course, you watch them kill someone else. I'm pretty sure the dude holding down the top of the building with the sniper rifle is fair game.

Unless, of course, you watch them kill someone else. I'm pretty sure the dude holding down the top of the building with the sniper rifle is fair game.

Fair enough, but I think you'd be fairly limited in your bandit kills, and the people camping coastal cities with sniper rifles are poor excuses for bandits.

Edited by Ivanuvo

The reason I am so disgruntled is that I have been evading major cities and sticking primarily to the castles and smaller towns. I seem to have very bad luck because no matter where I go there seems to be another person even palying on a server with SEVEN people in it. The person didn't even seem to attempt at neutraility, the only reason I even knew he was there is because he opened fire on me from a hilltop. My point is I completely understand if you need the supplies or I am a threat. But when you are fully equipped and are just looking to kill people "just cause" is what really bothers me. All i'm sayin is please be courteous enough not to just pointlessly kill other players, atleast have a justification.

Fair enough, but I think you'd be fairly limited in your bandit kills, and the people camping coastal cities with sniper rifles are poor excuses for bandits.

And, of course, that was just an example. There are clearly way more situations in which there are easily justified bandit kills.