Sign in to follow this  
Chrom3

Switching weapons from Backpack

Seen some youtube videos where a player switched his 50cal out for a L85 by just clicking the arrow to take the gun out of the pack i believe. I tried this and i thought i deleted my equipped weapon but went i went outside the building i was in my weapon was in the middle of the street???? Anyone know how to do this or what i was doing wrong and yes i had enough empty space in the pack to be specific i was switching out a MP5 for a AKM i was holding on to for a friend who died.

Maybe you forgot to open your backpack and threw out your main weapon.

Because it should work, by having atleast one empty spot in your inventory and just open up your backpack and click the right arrow and it should switch..

I had a similar issue a few day ago. I had just spawned, and I had a Lee Enfield. There was a zombie outside the barn I was in, so I wanted to kill it silently. I found a crossbow in the barn. I grabbed it and shot the zombies. When I went back to get my Lee Enfield, I decided to put the crossbow in my pack, because why not. When I tried to put it in my pack, it just disappeared into nothing.

I had a similar issue a few day ago. I had just spawned, and I had a Lee Enfield. There was a zombie outside the barn I was in, so I wanted to kill it silently. I found a crossbow in the barn. I grabbed it and shot the zombies. When I went back to get my Lee Enfield, I decided to put the crossbow in my pack, because why not. When I tried to put it in my pack, it just disappeared into nothing.

A primary weapon takes up 10 Bag slots, so I'm assuming you were using the standard pack which has 8 slots..

If you try to put a primary weapon inside a bag smaller than 10 slots, it will get deleted.

Edited by Qassie

Backpack "Safe" Mechanism:

Item is in primary inventory, and you want it in the backpack: Open inventory -> throw item on the ground ->close inventory -> look at item on the ground -> open inventory -> open bag -> move desired items to desired location.

Items from backpack to inventory: Opten inventory, open backpack, move item from backpack to inventory. Remember the number of items moved if you want to put some items back in the backpack.

That's the safe way to do it. Primary weapons take 10 slots and secondaries, I beleive 4 or 5 (Never able to remember). Some items take more than one space (wood, scrap metal, etc...)

Edited by Deuzerre

I was a firm "drop primary on ground, move secondary from pack to primary, pick up wepon off ground and place in pack" kind of guy.

I've also watched the swaping video and have started doing it myself. you just have to be very careful.

Weapon 1 in hands (say AK47) Weapon 2 in pack (say CZ550)

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS open you pack and then click the arrow beside weapon2 in the pack to move it to the primary section. Your weapon1 should have moved to your pack. Try to make sure you have the same number of clips because sometimes they don't always go across.

It's scary the first time, but it's worked for me in buildings, forests and fields. But don't rush it. Trying to do it quickly in combat might result in a lost wepaon.

Remember from pack to hands.. pak2palm pak2palm pak2palm