happylarry77

Waypoints and maps

I've seen in videos, waypoints on people's screen, telling how far away it is. Like an objective marker. I've seen someone put it on a map, but I've searched and I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone know? Is it a GPS thing? Thanks.

Open map then hold Shift and click where you want the waypoint. To remove it just hover over it with the mouse and press Delete.

Shift click the location on the map. Some servers have the waypoint market disabled so you wont be able to see it in game.

Not all servers have it switched on but left shift and left click adds a waypoint, this shows up on the hud on some servers but not all. Don't get used to it because I suspect at it's likely to be removed for good soon. It's a very un-Day Z element of the game. There are rumours that other map owners can see your waypoint and thus know where you're heading. That might be paranoind bullshit though.

Picked up a map in a grocery store tonight to find that it had a giant male "member" drawn on it. My buddy had the same thing happen. Not sure what was going on there.

Shift-double click places a marker that everyone on the server with a map can see. Shift-single click means only you can see it

Picked up a map in a grocery store tonight to find that it had a giant male "member" drawn on it. My buddy had the same thing happen. Not sure what was going on there.

to be honest that would be quite funny.