Sign in to follow this  
captacha

Why go to Elektro or Cherno

Today my longest character died. I respawned and ended up on the beach in Kamenka. When I got to Balota, I had all the tools required for hunting, a compass, a watch, a makorov+ammo, an enfield+ammo, more bandages than I could carry, morphine, painkillers, and alot of food and drink. So why do people go to those two cities? Most of the stuff I found people reccomend to go to cherno for I found on these three minor coastal cities?

Most of the time its to kill other people and they think they have better chances finding better loot.

Yep, Ive found a AKM in a Hunters Post.

Hospitals...

Edited by Hendrix27

Consider an analogy.

When you play poker you can play smart and tight, studying your opponents and waiting for an opportunity to take advantage of their weakness, or you can just go all out and push all your chips in every hand and hope for the best. Sometimes you will get lucky and come out a big winner, bust usually you will lose it all and end up back at the cage buying more chips.

Whereas, the patient player will slowly make money over time. It will take longer and it requires less luck, but patience will pay off more often than not.

People who run to Cherno/Elektro the moment they spawn are like the crazy players going all in every hand and praying. Sure they will get lucky once in awhile and come out with a "full set" of gear, but usually they're just going to get a face full of Winchester slugs for their bother.

Your choice.

• Like 1

When I play to avoid people I feel I'm missing out on a chunk of the game.

Coming across other players is what gives me the rush in this game that makes it unique.

Sure I could gear up on the small towns but I don't find it as fun.

Edited by Scene

You must of joined a server that just started up as I doubt you found all of that, before you got to Balota if it was populated.

Hospitals...

This. Being a medic means you have to stock up somewhere. Plus you end up close to most of your patients, so you know, it's convenient.

• Like 1

I like to PVP a bit on new spawns just to mess around for a while.

If I end up with good gear I'll make my way out and go north.

You must of joined a server that just started up as I doubt you found all of that, before you got to Balota if it was populated.

This. My character has been running for a few days and just now found a compass. It took a lot of searching to find that. I was starting to think they were left out of the last patch as I was only finding watch after watch.

Fast loot and meet other players

As has been pointed out, hospitals. They are the best place to find medical supplies. The only other place I've been able to find stuff like blood bags and morphine was randomly on zombies or at medical tents, but those are usually in high risk areas, so there is no advantage to going there.

Edited by Sandwichx

Actually I meant to say I found all of the stuff including the town of Balota. I found the morphine in the Hangars:) I actually saw two people on my way through so it was a pretty populated server. Since I'm usually a solo player I only bother going to hospitals for the morphine. Though one important item I didn't find is a larger backpack. I've only seen those in the major cities.