Sign in to follow this  
RenderedUnsafe

After help, really need it.

Just joined a server, cant figure out how to talk to people.

finally figure it out and everyone's like "Cunt" "Stfu" and shit, great thanks for the help fuckwits.

Is there anyone who can come on a server with me and give me some help with this?

Esc -> Options -> Controls

It has a wealth of information...I still look through that list to this day (after 2-3 years of playing Arma).

Just dont ever install ACE mod...haha.

Use your comman/period keys to change channels.

Type rather than use voice, if you use voice, use direct channel, which is unreliable most of the time and can only be heard by players very nearby. ;)

Speaking in Side, Group, Command, Global Channel broadcasts your voice loud and clear all across the server, everyone can hear you very loud, which can be a great annoyance, especially because listening for zombie moans, shots from the next village or nearby bandit footsteps is an important aspect of the game.

Use your comma/period keys to select the blue side channel and ask your questions there. Friendly survivors will usually happily answer any questions or requests for help, but if people continue to treat you as shit, the server has probably developed some kind of elitist asshole culture and isn't worth playing on.

Makes sense, are any of you on to show me the way around? Im finding it hard to aim and shoot a still zombie haha.

Dayz needs a guide.

Step 1. Go through the arma 2 tutorials

- No seriously do this.

Step 2. Go to the controls, familiarize yourself with them

- Again do this

One of the main problems with Dayz is it's an awesome game. The problem being you have too big a fan base that have no idea of how arma 2's control system works and instead of using the easy options available (controls, tutorials, internet) they resort to asking everyone for help who is already sick of all the other lazy people who asked.

Bit of a rant, but you get the point.

The mod has only been out a couple of weeks, and most new players only started playing in the last 2 weeks.

Give them a month and therell be few questions

Don't try to aim for headshots while you're out of breath.

-Right click to use iron sights, hold right click to zoom in while using iron sights.

-However holding right click is also tied to Hold breath option, which makes your aim steady for 1-2 seconds, after that you need to release right button, otherwise your hands start shaking.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3827

As I reccommended in this thread, immediately unbend CAPS LOCK stuff. Bind something to Direct comm (for the times it works).

People do overreact tremendously when you use voice. And there are things that they can do to minimize it.... But yeah, imagine. It's tense... You're stalking someone... Or being stalked.... Or you're crawling through a pack of zombies... Listening for aural cues... CAN YOU HEAR ME. HE'S OVER THERE... Suddenly you leap out of your chair, half deafened and reaching for your emergency defibrillator...

Those voice comms can startle... And they're server wide.... And I've heard that they cause server lag and kill kittens.

L

Theres guides running around on other forums, some guides say to go into your profile/configuration file and set MouseSmoothing=1