benislegend

Random Disconnects

I keep randomly disconnecting whenever I play DayZ and it's getting really frustrating as I keep having to make my group wait for me to get back in etc.

About every ten minutes or so I will just randomly disconnect from the server and my whole internet on my pc will go down. Now your first thoughts would be that I have poor internet but the thing is I can play any other game out there on my internet and I have no problem, it is only DayZ that seems to posses this power to shut the internet down on my pc. Due to it not being an issue with my internet (other people in the house can still access the internet whilst mine has disconnected due to DayZ) I wondered if there was something I could do to fix this or I could at least find out what the issue is? As I have no clue myself due to it being such an odd thing to happen as it is only caused by one game.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Firstly, scan your comp for viruses... this game *shouldnt* cause your PC's internet connection to drop out. Also, you may need to Port Forward your router. Check out portforward.com to do, and it will walk you through how to do it. I've had to do such things for other games, not ARMA2, but each router is different. It may also be something else inside your router causing issues. For troubleshooting, try connecting your PC directly to the Cable/DSL modem and see if it still drops out. If it does it could be a firewall setting on your PC's end, especially if you're using windows firewalls.

Thanks for the help but on that website they don't have Arma 2 as a listed program that you want to port forward for.

It's definitely not a virus or firewall. It does seem to be a port issue but I'm useless at this kind of thing.

Actually it could be an issue with a process on your computer, i doubt it's game related. I don't think the arma engine is known to cause any instability with networking services, but i myself bought the game just for this mod.

I have the same problem, but i did try not doing anything in game, just standing still and it did not disconnected, as soon as i started to move it disconnected.

• Like 1

Well I managed to port forward but it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue :/

Can anyone else help me with this? as its making playing DayZ with mates extremely hard :(