gobacktogo

Playing music through the ingame voice chat?

hey,

how do ppl play music or other sounds through the ingame voice chat?

is there a way to do this without also sending ALL sound that is played on my computer (i dont want teamspeak and the gamesounds itself to also be transmitted)?

thanks

I believe you can change the voice files to insert mp3s instead of the "Cover me" "going in!" and other shoutouts.

I don't think those commands go out through direct chat, but you can always just set your microphone to stereo mix and start muting extraneous sounds.

Edited by Techercizer

my crappy laptop does not have stereomix. some tool must exist that allows me to send musicclips to my microphone (so to say) by pressing a hotkey.

Why the fuck do you want to do this? It is just annoying.

• Like 1

i dont want to play music non stop but small sound-clips from time to time. if we ever meet feel free to mute me if i ever find out how to do it. thanks for the free bump to the thread.

i would play this, running through stary

at night

that would be hilarious if i bumped into you, id still kill ya but if i had the drop id wait a while so i could sing along

Music/other sounds through direct comms is like a person blasting music from his cellphone on the bus/train... Maybe you haven't experienced it, or maybe you are one who enjoys doing that, but it's freaking annoying.

Personally, I'd blast Bicycle from Queen whenever I was on a bicycle inside city limits.

I mean, its not like it'd get me any MORE killed than I would just for committing the act of being inside a city, but at least I'd spread a smirk or two on my way out.

Anyone who does this on a server I am on, will stop me doing whatever it is I am and hunt them.

"And I swear that I don't have a gun,no I don't have a gun, no I don't have a gun."

This is standard for me after a respawn and I KNOW someone is close enough to hear me sing it through direct.