Sign in to follow this  
Hendrix27

Don't blame the bandits, blame the victims.

I can see that role playing is something that you're trying to achieve in these scenarios, you want to be the highwayman, but who in their right mind is going to comply with robbery? I mean really? Especially if you're both holding guns. You've only got to look through youtube videos to see how most gun on gun robberies end, usually someone getting shot. We are wired with the fight or flight response, we either stand and fight or run for safety, either way the bandits going to shoot and would probably still shoot if you would make the unusual choice of surrendering

Blaming the victim for defending themselves and the cause of shoot on sight is just ridiculous. If there wasn't anyone trying to rob someone else or pointing guns and threatening to kill there would be a lot less shootings. " Cause and effect refers to the philosophical concept of causality. Causality is the relationship between an event (the cause) and a second event (the effect), where the second event is understood as a consequence of the first "

You're merely blaming the consequence, the effect ( the victim shooting back ) instead of the cause ( the bandit pointing a gun at the victim threatening to kill them ).

Nothing to do with roleplay. Its kind of hard to explain, its just I used to like to just rob someone and give them a chance rather than shooting them in the back. But it doesn't work out anymore because of the shoot on sight mindset. Which I myself just kill people now too.

Nothing to do with roleplay. Its kind of hard to explain, its just I used to like to just rob someone and give them a chance rather than shooting them in the back. But it doesn't work out anymore because of the shoot on sight mindset. Which I myself just kill people now too.

Yes, because being robbed, stripped naked and shamed in public is far more satisfying than being shot.

Oh, how I yearn for the days of old when people would humiliate me for the sake of a Youtube montage instead of just finishing me off so I can respawn and get back to enjoying the game.

Things sure are going downhill lately...

Yes, because being robbed, stripped naked and shamed in public is far more satisfying than being shot.

Oh, how I yearn for the days of old when people would humiliate me for the sake of a Youtube montage instead of just finishing me off so I can respawn and get back to enjoying the game.

Things sure are going downhill lately...

Uhmm, not the kind of robbery I was talking about. 90% of the robberies I see people just take what they need and move on, not strip you completely..

Nothing to do with roleplay. Its kind of hard to explain, its just I used to like to just rob someone and give them a chance rather than shooting them in the back.

I'd call that role playing.

But it doesn't work out anymore because of the shoot on sight mindset. Which I myself just kill people now too.

If there were less bandits in the world the victims wouldn't of had a reason to shoot back. Again, simple cause and effect. You have created this world by your actions, you don't like the consequence of your actions but now you have to live with it.

I'd call that role playing.

If there were less bandits in the world the victims wouldn't of had a reason to shoot back. Again, simple cause and effect. You have created this world by your actions, you don't like the consequence of your actions but now you have to live with it.

I seriously don't get how that is roleplaying...

I'd also like to add that robbing someone may be a death sentence for some. You taking their last tin of beans while they are starving then letting them go is as good as pulling the trigger.

Uhmm, not the kind of robbery I was talking about. 90% of the robberies I see people just take what they need and move on, not strip you completely..

Ridiculous hogwash.

Anyone in a position to rob other people doesn't NEED anything from them. Besides NVGs, which nobody in a position to be robbed has, what do you think these players are gaining that they couldn't find in the nearest farm building with less risk?

They're doing it for fun. For theater. For their latest Youtube montage. For "teh lulz."

And it's far more humiliating and degrading than some simple bang bang PvP if you ask me.

Though, it's still fun and interesting and I don't mean to discourage it. I'm just saying don't pretend like it's somehow more respectable than standard PvP because it's just as fucked and at least as disruptive to someone's play session.

I seriously don't get how that is roleplaying...

You're taking on the role of bandit who doesn't want to kill someone but just rob them.

Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role.

You're taking on the role of bandit who doesn't want to kill someone but just rob them.

Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role.

Not precisely.

I don't always have to change my behavior to roleplay.

My last D&D character was a Chaotic Good rogue who drank often, cursed heavily, cavorted with women, made wisecracks and generally got into really fucked up situations by shooting his mouth off at the wrong times.

I didn't have to change my behavior at all to roleplay that.

Ridiculous hogwash.

Anyone in a position to rob other people doesn't NEED anything from them. Besides NVGs, which nobody in a position to be robbed has, what do you think these players are gaining that they couldn't find in the nearest farm building with less risk?

They're doing it for fun. For theater. For their latest Youtube montage. For "teh lulz."

And it's far more humiliating and degrading than some simple bang bang PvP if you ask me.

Though, it's still fun and interesting and I don't mean to discourage it. I'm just saying don't pretend like it's somehow more respectable than standard PvP because it's just as fucked and at least as disruptive to someone's play session.

You have your opinion and I have mine. And yeah, when I'm low on food/beverages/bandages/etc. and I see a player I'll rob them for that. I'm not pretending about anything either, it seems reasonable its nicer to rob someone for the 1 or 2 things you need rather than to just shoot them. You may not think there are people on the game like that but there is.

Not precisely.

I don't always have to change my behavior to roleplay.

My last D&D character was a Chaotic Good rogue who drank often, cursed heavily, cavorted with women, made wisecracks and generally got into really fucked up situations by shooting his mouth off at the wrong times.

I didn't have to change my behavior at all to roleplay that.

Lmao. Yeah I don't have to role-play in this game either. I just go around and act like a right c@#t.