Reidlos

So anyone here NOT shoot at first sight?

Stealth. Stealth wins all battle whether you fight them or not, because in the end, you're alive. Hopefully... But I still have yet to need to murder anyone. Had a few close calls running around Pusta (or whatever) but usually the right cover and a slow approach keeps the bullets at bay. Haven't had the misfortune yet of coming into a snipers scope though, and that's all luck.

I dont shoot noobs. If when im up north i see a guy with a sniper rifle i put him down. Nothing personal but it only takes a second for him to do the same just for the lols or for the same reason i shot him. Im not losing my gear that easy :P

Im on 4 murders at the moment (one was my friend that stepped infront of my cz >< and one was a server hopper at the nwaf barracks) so that leaves 2 murders that i had to commit in order to ensure my survival. Shit happens. We do what we must to survive. I do cooperate a lot if the situation allows me to talk with them. If not its whoever has the quickest trigger.

I always yell over mic at people and if they keep running by or stop and type something I don't shoot.but if someone trys switching weapons or aims down his weapon at me I try and fire first.

It sounds like the majority of the posters here are just like me. I would venture to guess that most of you play more of a 'lone-wolf' style? I probably have about 20 hours of gameplay now and I've only died once. If you're smart and stealthy, people won't have a chance to shoot you. As a rule I stay out of sight and even out of communication unless I'm directly infront of someone. I won't shoot anyone if it can be helped because I don't like to draw attention to myself, ever.

I really enjoyed reading the posts and finding that people are playing this game just like I am. I'm sure most of you have spent a good ammount of time proned in the shadows watching things develop, lol.

It sounds like the majority of the posters here are just like me. I would venture to guess that most of you play more of a 'lone-wolf' style? I probably have about 20 hours of gameplay now and I've only died once. If you're smart and stealthy, people won't have a chance to shoot you. As a rule I stay out of sight and even out of communication unless I'm directly infront of someone. I won't shoot anyone if it can be helped because I don't like to draw attention to myself, ever.

I really enjoyed reading the posts and finding that people are playing this game just like I am. I'm sure most of you have spent a good ammount of time proned in the shadows watching things develop, lol.

Try to, but I still run across people very rarely... annnd died more times to my stupidity than anything else (Cliff, respawn button when trying to click options, not paying attention to zombies, etc.) If anything I'd wager that it's more exciting, can't say fun, to run across The Shadow.

If they are newbies with Coyote patrol packs, I just let them go. I know that it's frustrating when you have to constantly restart because of some camping sob with an AS50...If they have anything other however, or we met in an open field, they get my forced lead injection treatment.

i don't..i return fire and nothing more, i've been sniped twice..killed by noob once ( a guy in a barn, i asked if he needed some help and he shot me..and i had only a pistol so..noob) and i've lost a firefight i didn't started..all the rest of players, met at looting points such as hospitals or apartments didn't shot me.. es you can take a couple of bullets from unknown but i manage to avoid majority of survivors easily

Here is why I KOS:

1- Cannot trust anyone, people saying friendly shot me in the back too often already.

2- Sharing loot only lowers my survivability, what I mean by this is: if I'm in a town, for example, I want to get the good stuff and leave ASAP. Sharing the loot results in me staying longer in town thus exposed to bandits for a longer period.

3- I cannot take the risk of letting another human go by and have him shoot me in the back later. I give him a free ticket to the beach and move on. Armed or unarmed, you will die.

I swear to god, each time my heart softens up and I try to be friendly, I die. Last folk I helped out Stole my .45 from my BP. I as really happy I did not have ammo for it. I would've been shot in the ass.

I'm much more a Coop player, but the world of DayZ brings the worst out of people. So unless I know you from outside the game, you're a target.

i admit it's not something I like, but that's how it is unfortunately.

Cruel world ;)

I'd like to think that I'm the shoot-only-if-being-shot kind of person, but I've never once been shot and lived to tell the tale. One shot and I tend to fall unconscious, and either bleed to death or get double tapped so I've never been in the middle of any dramatic fire fights.

Most of the time I get shot is while I'm looking around trying to find a weapon for the first time - no hatchet or crowbar yet either. It makes me wonder why people shoot when it's clear you're completely unarmed.