Sign in to follow this  
SpaceLion

Hit zombies with the back your rifle

This is already implemented when you pick up a crowbar, you gain the ability to hit F and change your ammo for a smash of your rifle, and I find it usefull and realistic, when i see zombies surrounding a building i want to enter I stay proned until they are facing their back to me, and then i sneak up behind them, hit them in the leg with my cz and then smash their head when they crawl, it adds a LOT of dynamism and gameplay.

So this bug was eye opener for me, would be difficult to add the ability to hit with your weapon at a zed?

With my cz/crowbar i can kill a zombie with 4 hits in the torso, which is balanced, Im unable to kill 4 of them at once, so it could be an option for us who want to play this game as loners, stealth guys, trying to not pvp but survive.

Thanks for reading =) and excuse my bad engrish, im from Spain

The zombies attack from 5 feet away. Zombie attacks are already unrealistic, hitting them with a Hatchet is almost impossible so I don't think this is a good suggestion.

The zombies attack from 5 feet away. Zombie attacks are already unrealistic, hitting them with a Hatchet is almost impossible so I don't think this is a good suggestion.

Hatchet has a ten foot reach mate i can chop through them with ease. I often prefer an axe to any other primary in town / military runs. Not bad for player killing aswell as it takes off a good 6000 and breaks legs instantly.

hatchets and melee sucks only if YOU suck.

I repeat, you are able to sneak behind a zombie, stay at 3 metres unnoticed and hit them with your melee in their back, fucking hatchets are not ment to go rambo with them. I killed 15 zombies with my technique of "hit the leg, break the leg, hit the head" and I dont have a single scartch

How about a non-lethal melee with the butt of your gun? Remember that these are infected, not undead and their crania take a lot of bashing. Not the sort of thing a person can do with a blunt, wooden object like a gun butt.

But the melee could force them to stumble back. This should open up spaces in doorways to make an escape or buy you some time to pull out your pistol.