dreadstorm

Tent theft- my story

This is what I love about this game, something as simple as stealing stuff from a tent can be an epic for the players.

Last night I was playing with a Dutch buddy of mine (big up the Dutch, all the guys I've played with are very friendly) and upon entering a church we hit the holy grail: a tent. We were stoked, the potential was crazy! Upon exiting the church I heard something I'd never heard whilst playing Dayz; an engine, looking north I could see a vehicle movie down to our position. How would any over game make seeing a land rover so heart pounding? We quickly fled back in the church, the driver honked his horn at us but drove on.

Later two more Dutch friends of mine came, one of which was armed to the teath with a silenced m4 and a silenced m9. Hell yeah! As we set out we came across a pitched tent in the middle of the street. Now I've come across quite a few of these things, usually picked clean- but this one had a lot of car parts in it, weapons, food and, ammo and a rotary assembler. Quickly an idea formed in my head- we need to nick all of this stuff, and transfer it to our tent that we had just found, then we can start thinking about getting a car for ourselves.

My paranoia won't let me divulge which town, or which direction we went in, or for how long- because we suspect the tent belonged to a big clan that were in the business of making cars (hence the land rover I saw earlier). My silenced m4 friend gave me his GPS and I led our group of four to a location I deemed fit for our own tent. On the way we almost got mauled by zed twice; first on exiting the town, we were too eager to get away and pitch our tent, and second in a random barn. We needed to chill out, being excited about a goal can make you sloppy. So after we had pitched the tent we went back cautious, thinking it was almost too good to be true.

On the outskirts of the town the guy with the silenced m4 gave me his silenced m9 (such a legend), so we both had silenced capacity, and we literally crawled back into down, silently slotting and zed that got too close. If any of the enemy players heard gunfire or saw a zombie train they would know where we were, so it was covert infiltration of the town. The other two had their regular guns ready, but kept a disciplined trigger fingers. I was the first to the tent and nicked as much car related stuff as I could fit in my inventory and backpack. The others did the same- we now had a lot of food and drink, ammo and even a rotary assembly. We crawled back out of town, almost expecting to be picked up by the guys we had stolen off. But we were silent, fast and determined.

Upon reaching safety I couldn't believe what had just happened. There were no scripts, no mission objectives, no game mechanic that had us do this, we had created our own story and it felt epic: Covert infiltration of a zombie infested town, with unknown number of bandits to steal a good number of car parts. It was honestly the best fun I've had playing computer games in a long time.

Haha good story mate. :)

Ive found tents filled with goodies and such in my travels as well, most recently i found 2 pairs of NVG's in a tent in the far W of the map right near the edge. My suspicion of dead zombies out this far lead to riches :P

Have fun out there.

Yeah that was pretty epic yesterday, you wrote it exactly as it happend and felt. When we heard that car coming in that gave such an adrenaline rush it was awesome!

Sweet story! It felt exatly how I feel everytime I feel a mission coming.

Just earlier today a couple of friends and I noticed a few people fixing up a car but they were armed to the teeth so we set up an ambush just down the road. Long story short we managed to fire a few rounds at them and stop them however what we didnt count on was their friends running behind the car. We gave it our best with me screaming orders down the mic trying to organise the team but I could hardly organise myself. It was so much fun but we all fell to their firepower.

This is what this mods about. The excellent excitement of the little player coordinated missions.

I havent seen any vehicles yet, but i did come across two pitched tents, they were both empty. Their location was awful too....smack in the middle of a small grassy field close to a large city.

because we suspect the tent belonged to a big clan that were in the business of making cars (hence the land rover I saw earlier).

lol only in dayz!