flint (DayZ)

Arma crashes after downgrading to beta 94876

Hi guys,

this is my problem:

I tried to join servers earlier when I always got stuck on the "Wait for Host" message right after joining.

So I checked the forums and one guy said i had to downgrade my beta patch to 94876 (I had 94945 before).

I did that and I'm sure I did it correctly.

When I am trying to join a server now, I get into the lobby, press OK and after some loading my ARMA II crashes. I just get the message from Windows that ARMA II isn't working anymore...

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

My friend did the same and he has the same error.

We both deleted the "beta" folder before installing beta patch 94876.

Edited by flint

Delete the beta files in your arma 2 files and then reinstall the beta also while you are doing this you might read through the warnings instead of ignoring them. As you can read in those warnings betas are not downgradable so don't try that ever again.If you have to get rid of a beta delete the folder and then install a new one.

Delete the beta files in your arma 2 files and then reinstall the beta also while you are doing this you might read through the warnings instead of ignoring them. As you can read in those warnings betas are not downgradable so don't try that ever again.If you have to get rid of a beta delete the folder and then install a new one.

This is how i always do it... ;)

Directory: "...\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" right?

I delete the beta folder and then i install it....

Same here. The crash is the reason that I updated to 94945 (which wasn't working) and now it continues to happen after rolling back to 94876. I have found a few servers that work with 94945 but, they have only allowed one person at a time. Tne other serves all give "wait for host". I hope a fix comes soon.

Same problem here. I wasnt getting "Waiting for host". I couldnt connect because of "Bad played name" (I dont have cyrillic letters in my nick, so I have no idea why I was getting this error). I was told to downgrade to 94876, so I did it just like @flint and since then I am getting the same crash.

I had this problem as well and fixed it. Install the 94876 patch, delete the following folder

<YourWindowsProfile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

then start the game. It should work again. At least this worked for me. :-P