Sign in to follow this  
liukang168

Which map would you like to see for dayz?

Map diversity  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Which additional map would you like to see for dayz?

• Takistan (Desert, Mountain - 13km x 13km)
    • Zargabad (Desert, Big City, Villages 3km x 8km)
    • Utes Island (a small Chernarus 2km x 2km) for small servers
    • Keep it as is, I love Chernarus.
    • Other suggestion, please post ...

Changing map from time to time witch changing loot zones etc. So game will be keep something new - and will be less supporting from wiki's or guides who give you like on plate where to find best stuff.

If at all possible adding Utes off the coast of Chernaurus so only players with a boat or a helicopter could reach it, as it would be good for rare loot spawns and a good place to hide your camp from the inexperienced.

http://1800sunstar.com/GFX/icons/zmap-oahu.jpg

I think Oahu would be AWESOME. It's slightly larger than Chernarus, plenty of hills, mountains, forests, beaches, cliffs, and a very nicely sized urban area with airfields, military bases, and smaller towns all over the place.

Either that or Okinawa, same deal. Or Malta, Staten Island, Santa Catalina Island.. Any 200-500 kmsisland would do the trick, really... Point being, an island so that people can't hide their vehicles off the edge of the map like a buncha chumps :lol: (but add lots of buildings where you still had options to hide them, or add the option to hide vehicles with camo netting or tree branches n' nature n' shoot.)

Also, DayZ needs to be on a new engine. RV3 is garbage. RV4 is gonna be just as garbage.

Ideally there is no reason why they cannot make multiple maps, like in arma. That being said, the maps currently are ARMA maps and not really DayZ maps. Chernarus works right now for what it is but something on a much grander scale ( think multiple islands the size of chernarus) would be more suitable for DayZ I think.

It would reduce the issues with map borders and such as well as giving new dynamics to the game with islands that people would actually use maybe with some small ones that clans could try to fortify.

What about Island Panthera, its a awesome map!

Just remember these words "Island Panthera".

I thank you.

Why dont we take 3 maps.

>chernarus: a map with medium loot and vehicles

>lingor: a map with high loot and vehicles

>another map: a map with no or a bit of loot and vehicles

so we could play the dificult we want to

or

we could take tose maps and add a option to chage the commonness of vehicles and loot

Something Big and versatile. Chernarus is big, I'll give it that, but the terrain looks the same all over the map.

A massive city, down in a style similar to how MW3 portrays new York after a Russian invasion, ruined and wrecked, but larger of course, like 20X20km, 400km2. (I Am Legend anyone?)

For a city, do you mean something like Fallujah? I like panthera, all Icebreakr maps are really well done. Or how about something more like Miroslavl to keep it Chernarussian? (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138232-GSEP-Miroslavl-Beta&p=2200808#post2200808)

Edited by KingEdOfNoob

A big city wouldnt work because of the lag caused by all those building models.

Im not sure BI allows you to modify assets they made, for example they dont allow you to modify the existing models, instead you have to make your own from scratch.

Copypaste Utes on the coast something like 10 kilometres south of Cherno. Then add Miroslavl to the west, along with other stuff. Have Rocket's mountain map in the north and add Takistan, Fallujah and Zargabad somewhere as well.

• Like 1

a map in russia, twice as big as chernarus