Sign in to follow this  
Zexis

How much would you pay for a standalone?

Title. Let's assume Day Z goes up for purchase as a standalone, along with über bug fixes, performance tweaks, and maybe some gameplay mechanics changes.

How much would you pay?

100 tins of beans.

Seeing as people will kill for just one, I approve of this.

Add a poll!

50$ if rocket guarantees that there will be no shop or any sort of F2P although I think 10-20$ would be a fair price.

• Like 3

Well I bought Arma 2: CO just for DayZ so I think that sums it up.

This basically.

Don't you think it's a little early to talk about a standalone?

Rocket has expressed interest in it, actually.

It wouldn't be for some time, you're right, but it seems like it will probably happen.

Edited by Zexis

I bought Arma 2: CO because I wanted to play Day Z. If he makes it a stand-alone soon I am not going to buy it.

Day Z is the only game than i don't get completely annoyed at dying in, gives me exhilaration when fighting players, excites me when finding a great item and keeps me respawning to do it all again.

For that alone, i'd pay up to full price of a hot ticket game, gives me more enjoyment than they do, for me that's from 80 to 110 AUD.

Assuming the game was truly a standalone version meaning all the bug fixes and improvements that came along with:

>a larger map

>all buildings interactable

>better inventory system

I'd probably pay the standard $50-$60

Don't you think it's a little early to talk about a standalone?

Nope, not when Rocket already is.

If it's good and polish, I'll pay Skyrim's original price: US$59.90 ( it better have an offline single player and story for that price and If not, I'm willing to pay $30 :P )

Please god NoOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I'll pay 150 cans of beans for it not to have a story or single player. Thats the point of the game.

I'll pay 150 cans of beans for it not to have a story or single player. Thats the point of the game.

I don't see anything wrong with offline. Great for people who dislike PvP, don't have internet access, enjoy shorter loading times, etc.

But a story goes against the sandbox nature.

Let me correct that: Please god YeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!!!!

I'll pay 150 cans of beans for it to have a story or single player... plus US$59.90, think about it Rocket! ;)

I don't see anything wrong with offline. Great for people who dislike PvP, don't have internet access, enjoy shorter loading times, etc.

But a story goes against the sandbox nature.

Yeah, probably not story, maybe mission based for single/multiplayer but single player option would be great. My internet connection can be a little unstable at times( not the best ISP in the world where i live) As you stated it is also good for those without internet connection.

and oh yes... DRM-FREE is a must! ( I don't use Origins and Steam nor will I ever use them)

Edited by leeo38

For me, no matter how much it costs, I would buy it, but it has to be 1-time-payment. I would not buy it (even for 10€) if there was a shop or updates you have to pay for, or DLC you have to pay for, or special weapons you have to pay for. We all know how much having an advantage in this game can improve your expectancy of life (ghillie suit). So, as I said, if there was only anything which could be bought separately in this game, I would not buy the whole game, since I am only ready to pay once for the game itself.

This means, that if there was a WOW system of monthly payments, I would not buy it.

I'd pay $30-40 easily for standalone off Steam using the same Arma2. My guess is the standalone is going to be much like how Iron Front Liberation 1944 was done.

Now for a standalone with the newer Arma 3 engine or something completely different then I would not have an issue with a full $50-60.

^exactly- in some sense people have paid for it, just not to the team who should have it :P

• Like 2

If theres an item shop, i wont even play if its free. DayZ is one of the few games that an item shop is not for. If they need more money they can release expansions (that are only able to run on servers with expansions)

20€ B2P, same as Minecraft, seems fine to me.

I'm willing to afford for higher price if and only there's some high quality servers and anti-hack system, for that I'd pay 50-60€ B2P.

I'd be happy to pay 25-30 (GBP, like 40-50 bucks) for the standalone game, but I wouldn't purchase it if it was a subscription based game!