So I was reading a lot about this game and I have seen a lot of gameplay vids 'Let's play's' etc.

Finally decided to buy this game and experience the complete horror of getting raped by Zombies and Bandits. After some issues I got the game to work and started to play, sneaking seemed to be the way to play so I was prone most of the time and otherwise crouching.

At some point a zombie spotted me, don't know how but it did. I didn't have any weapon on me so I started to run. It wasn't soon before long untill 6 zombies were chasing me. I managed to lose them in the woods, but I was mistaken if I thought I was save.

One zombie was able to follow me, without me noticing, he beat me up quite nicely before I was able to run. I started to bleed out and started to become desperate. At some point more zombies started to chase me, I began to zigzag between buildings and finally was able to shake them, I bandaged myself up and noticed something chilling.. I lost almost 1/2 of my blood.

That was the moment I decided to log off and get me some rest, but it didn't take long before I decided to come back to this unforgiving world. I started to scout the forrest and at some point noticed a tent, you don't want to know how happy I was and you can imagine my dissappointement when it appeared to be empty.

But then.. there was a turn around, I found a second tent and this time I was in luck. It was full of supplies; weapons, food, ammo and tools. I took some of the supplies and left the rest to the unfortunate owner. After some more scouting I decided to call it a day.

40 minutes in total and I am craving for more.

Wow, what a lucky strike! Finding a tent loaded with stuff and all that, gratz on that. What did you find inside?

That's a much better start than I had. I broke my legs crawling through a doorway.

You should make a note of the coords where the tents are if your going to use that server again. Might be worth checking them for more gear in the future.

Good luck!

Edited by Fraggle

Thank you for the replies, as I was a bit in an adrenaline rush and I was afraid the owner would come around (or zombies for that matter) I just skimmed through it quickly.

There were 3 kinds of rifles, one was a hunting rifle and the second was an m4a1 (I can't really remember the third rifle) I chose for the M4A1 as I know it from other games, so I decided to go with a known factor. (And it had a bit more ammo)

I also picked up a handgun, a m9 if I remember correctly. Besides weapons it had food, water and tools lying around. And oh boy.. the tools: GPS, Map, Compass, heat pack, blood packs, watch and probably some more things which I have forgotten now.

At this point I'm waiting for my friend who will buy the game tomorrow, so he can help me with the blood transplant and afterwards we'll find some gear for him and go rape zombies. (Probably they will rape us, but doesn't matter.)

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies, as I was a bit in an adrenaline rush and I was afraid the owner would come around (or zombies for that matter) I just skimmed through it quickly.

There were 3 kinds of rifles, one was a hunting rifle and the second was an m4a1 (I can't really remember the third rifle) I chose for the M4A1 as I know it from other games, so I decided to go with a known factor. (And it had a bit more ammo)

I also picked up a handgun, a m9 if I remember correctly. Besides weapons it had food, water and tools lying around. And oh boy.. the tools: GPS, Map, Compass, heat pack, blood packs, watch and probably some more things which I have forgotten now.

Wow, that is GREAT loot for your first day! Consider yourself lucky, and savor your luck while it lasts.

Such a wide variety of events. amazing start.

People say this game is repetitive, but I disagree;

Every adventure you have in DayZ is different from the last.

I hope that one day we will meet on the glorious fields of battle.

Of which then, I will AS50 you back to the coast and feast on your canned beans.

My first encounter with this game was amazing..

I'd say I've been one of the most fortunate people to start out on this game..

Basically what happened was...

I was aimlessly running around since I didn't know where to go or anything, All of a sudden in the distance I seen something shining.. I ran over there.. and found 7 car's 6 tent's... One of the cars being a Ural.. (Epic vehicle )

There tents had various snipers in two being the M107..

I was super decked out.. vehicle's amazing weapons and lots of other supplies and I'd only been playing for 20 minutes! :D

• Like 2