Sign in to follow this  
chaostactical

MAKAROV....NO.

Bullshit. ANYTHING but this hunk of shit. ANYTHING.

Weak. 4+ shots to body to kill.

2 for the head... and you know you cant hit that shit with 6+ zombies bearing down on you.

M9? i could do that.

Glock? Yup.

.45? Yessir.

ANYTHING. BUT. THE. MAKAROV.

AMiRITE!?

It's 1 shot to the head. Besides it seems more realistic, when it's a post-soviet state. Makarov is a domestic weapon and more likely to be held/found, than the G17, .45 or M9. It gives more need for starters to find better weapons fast.

The .45 was arguably stronger than the Enfield or Winchester. Makarov adds difficulty and almost forbids aggroing of zombies.

No way, it's an excellent starter, gives you a much better reason to go scavening then instantly equiping what is arguably the best (was?) pistol in the game .

No way' date=' it's an excellent starter, gives you a much better reason to go scavening then instantly equiping what is arguably the best (was?) pistol in the game .

[/quote']

I fully agree. Kind of sucks when the "good" pistols, like the Glock and M9, you get later on suck worse than the starter magnum (Lets face it, it IS a magnum. It does more damage than a 12Ga slug). The Revolver should be something earned, not handed to you. The Makarov being the crappiest gun in the game is the best reason why you should start with it. So you are encouraged to scavenge and avoid contact.

I'm just curious myself if the old .45 is in the loot table now. I love that thing and would really like it if I can still get one somehow.

Makarov is still an excellent pistol.

The sights are good, 8 round mag. I hate when people make posts that are so blown up and disproportionate. :\

I'm loving the "Mak" forces me to aim for the head and is actually quite quieter.Easier for dealing with that one zombie that always surprises you or is in your way.

Nah I like the Makarov. gives an incentive to loot and not just shoot shit. I was using the .45 revolver more often then my winchester :\. you should earn a good weapon

This post exists already, please read forums before repeating subjects.

Chaos' pid='3237' dateline='1335574346']

Bullshit. ANYTHING but this hunk of shit. ANYTHING.

Weak. 4+ shots to body to kill.

2 for the head... and you know you cant hit that shit with 6+ zombies bearing down on you.

M9? i could do that.

Glock? Yup.

.45? Yessir.

ANYTHING. BUT. THE. MAKAROV.

AMiRITE!?

You could try aiming with those iron sights it has...