Sign in to follow this  
Thermal (DayZ)

snip

If that bothers you, check us out on minecraftforum.net, we are pretty well known there. Located in Dallas.

Oh yes, because when people want some credentials, a minecraft forum account is what they want in spades.

Yeah.. I tend to stay away from sites Mozilla warns me about..

And besides.. Why would I ever buy a server from you guys if your own site was hacked?

Also.. $30? I call bullshit.

A dedicated server (which is the requirement for DayZ) with the required specs, net speed and bandwidth usage will not cost anything less than $100.

Edited by krtshv

And besides.. Why would I ever buy a server from you guys if your own site was hacked?

A dedicated server (which is the requirement for DayZ) with the required specs, net speed and bandwidth usage will not cost anything less than $100.

I can't comment on the legitimacy of their site, but $30 isn't out of the question for pricing.

When I was thinking about starting to do Day Z managed hosting, through my work contacts I could get a 1st gen i7 Xeon for $50~ and the discount they were giving me wasn't that big. That server would have handled at least two or three 40-50 slot servers.

I can't comment on the legitimacy of their site, but $30 isn't out of the question for pricing.

When I was thinking about starting to do Day Z managed hosting, through my work contacts I could get a 1st gen i7 Xeon for $50~ and the discount they were giving me wasn't that big. That server would have handled at least two or three 40-50 slot servers.

But, exactly as you mentioned, you've used "work contacts". This is (supposedly) a public reseller, so they have no interest and no profit (or very little of it) to give away dedicated servers for $30.

$30 is the price for a VPS, not a dedicated.

I have explained why the site is listed for malware and I have emailed Google.The site was hacked a few days ago and it would redirect to some weird site, everything is fixed.The only possible way the site would infect you is if you ran java or downloaded something, just don't do either. US 868 is hosted by me, if you want me to go on there as Admin to prove that this is legit, I can.

Just read some guys comment. Our site wasn't hacked, the server box was infected including all the sites on it. Not our fault, our providers. Just noting, our website provider is different than server provider.

Edited by Thermal

But, exactly as you mentioned, you've used "work contacts". This is (supposedly) a public reseller, so they have no interest and no profit (or very little of it) to give away dedicated servers for $30.

$30 is the price for a VPS, not a dedicated.

He isn't renting a dedicated server, he is renting a managed Day Z server, which means you admin one Day Z server instance. A dedicated server can run 2+ depending on specs, so if his server cost $60 and he runs 3 @ $30 each that's $30 profit after $60 cost.

He isn't renting a dedicated server, he is renting a managed Day Z server, which means you admin one Day Z server instance. A dedicated server can run 2+ depending on specs, so if his server cost $60 and he runs 3 @ $30 each that's $30 profit after $60 cost.

DayZ Server Requirements say you need the entire dedicated to yourself.

If you run 2+ servers on a dedicated, then it's not a dedicated anymore. Each server becomes a VPS.

I never said I was selling dedicated servers... But I am pretty sure my 16 core server with two processors can run a few DayZ servers with ease. Also, about the VPS bit, what? That isn't what a VPS is at all, lol, read a bit more man.

If you run 2+ servers on a dedicated, then it's not a dedicated anymore. Each server becomes a VPS.

wtf..

Day Z server requirements DO NOT say that.

Also, VPS has nothing to do with running more than one server instance.

FYI, all the major Day Z hosts here do this. There is no problem running multiple Day Z server instances on the same dedicated machine.

VPS - The term is used for emphasizing that the virtual machine, although running in software on the same physical computer as other customers' virtual machines, is in many respects functionally equivalent to a separate physical computer, is dedicated to the individual customer's needs, has the privacy of a separate physical computer, and can be configured to run server software.

In simpler words, multiple servers on a single dedicated machine (the servers themselves being the VPS).

I meant that if you host more than 1 server on your dedicated machine, you can't technically call it dedicated, as it's not - as the name suggests - dedicated only to your server.

I'm not talking about dedicated and VPS is in terms of functionality or performance. I'm talking about the meaning of the word itself.

Call it... Using the word "Not dedicated" loosely.

Edited by krtshv

VPS - The term is used for emphasizing that the virtual machine, although running in software on the same physical computer as other customers' virtual machines, is in many respects functionally equivalent to a separate physical computer, is dedicated to the individual customer's needs, has the privacy of a separate physical computer, and can be configured to run server software.

In simpler words, multiple servers on a single dedicated machine (the servers themselves being the VPS).

I meant that if you host more than 1 server on your dedicated machine, you can't technically call it dedicated, as it's not - as the name suggests - dedicated only to your server.

I'm not talking about dedicated and VPS is in terms of functionality or performance. I'm talking about the meaning of the word itself.

You are talking weird semantics now.

Bottom line, anyone can run as many isntances of the Day Z server as their machine can handle, nothing against the rules there and LOTS of people do it. In fact, most Day Z servers you join are probably ran on a machine with other servers running as well.

You are talking weird semantics now.

Bottom line, anyone can run as many isntances of the Day Z server as their machine can handle, nothing against the rules there and LOTS of people do it. In fact, most Day Z servers you join are probably ran on a machine with other servers running as well.

Oh well.. I was gonna rent a dedicated machine to be entirely dedicated to my server :S

HFB and Vilayer sells slotted servers, where multiple servers are on the same dedicated box, with a coupon I am paying $40 for a 50 slot server.

I never said they were dedicated and honestly buying slotted servers are the best way of buying a server for DayZ because you don't have to waste a bunch on a dedi.

Edited by Thermal

I never said they were dedicated and honestly buying slotted servers are the best way of buying a server for DayZ because you don't have to waste a bunch on a dedi.

I spend a lot when I expect to get better performance :P

I don't want my server to share the hardware with others, I want it all to myself.

• Like 1

If you have a trust worthy host who won't oversell servers the performance will likely be the same.

Meh. I live in Israel, where people would outsell their own mothers for an extra buck.

Where server hosts sell each Mbps for $3.