Sign in to follow this  
Hiding Zebra

Please explain the chat channels, i cant say friendly

Hey still learning the game and ive looked everywhere for a solution/info.

I belive im running the beta patch which means no global communication?

but between the 'group' 'vehicle' and 'direct' i dont know where to communicate with players near me and ive never seen anyone reply or write anything directed to me. ive had to run away from players because i cant tell them im friendly.

any help please :)

all text chat is disabled, You need to use caps lock to use voice chat, assuming the server you are playing on has voice chat enabled.

Edited by beepharoni

all text chat is disabled, You need to use caps lock to use voice chat, assuming the server you are playing on has voice chat enabled.

No it is not, but AFAIK;

Group channel works in lobby

Vehicle channel for people in the vehicle

Direct for a range of 20 meters

Some servers have side channel enabled, but please, don't spam it and don't use voice on it. And for the love of god don't sing on the channel.

Edited by Private Poptarts

Strictly speaking, you can use text chat in vehicles and within 40 meters of another player (direct channel). Those channels also work for voice.

i thought direct worked up to 80m? i remember we tested it with a waypoint

protip. bind capslock (or your talk key) to be direct communication only. that way you wont spam side/global if its enabled.

use < and > to cycle between channels. direct for local players (80m afaik) side for everyone and use / to type.

Yeah, use direct chat to tell them you're friendly.

And haha, someone was on side chat making monkey noises the other day and it was extremely annoying.

when new players ask how to do stuff (what key for flashlight what key for this what key for that) i allways say capslock x2 or hold capslock or i say hold capslock and say Flashlight.

quite fun lol