Sign in to follow this  
okano666@hotmail.co.uk

Really bad lag, desync and fps since new patch

Is anyone else having issues since the new patch?

My fps drops from 60 to 40 constantly every few seconds, to 30/20 in towns.

Lag picking up items, Desync every 30seconds when playing with friends i cant tell where they are they just run off in random directions then teleport somewhere, its hard to stay in a group.

Red / Yellow chains almost constantly

the same on about 10 servers we joined.

Anyone else having trouble or is it beta 94876?

I tried 949*** beta and every server just hung on waiting for host :(

I'd check out your ISP connections. Pick a server with 15-60 ping. Also look at Anti-Aliasing, HDR, and post-processing effects and see if they're on low, normal, and disabled. This might help.

I'd check out your ISP connections. Pick a server with 15-60 ping. Also look at Anti-Aliasing, HDR, and post-processing effects and see if they're on low, normal, and disabled. This might help.

Everything was alot better on 1.7.1.5 servers, theres nothing wrong with my ISP and the servers i play on i have like 15ms.

Anti Aliasing is off and post processing. settings are set to minimal and i run a 980x @ 4.5ghz and two 4gb 680GTX in SLi

Then it may be a problem with the server. If you really want to test it, a GREAT server that I've no problems at all with Desync is US130. Hosted in US west coast. IF you get the same issues there, it's your rig.

Then it may be a problem with the server. If you really want to test it, a GREAT server that I've no problems at all with Desync is US130. Hosted in US west coast. IF you get the same issues there, it's your rig.

lol nothing has changed apart from the new patch. I had no trouble with FPS or desyncs so bad before 1.7.2

it's your rig.

Just no..

DayZ tend to fuck up alot with the new patches, most people have problems with FPS when running it on state of the art computers, just be patient and wait till a stable version comes out. Theres nothing wrong with your rig, isp or settings.

Just trying to help. Try that server, if you have issues there then it's the changes in the patch. Not the servers.

The server that has frozen zombies? Did they ever fix that?

Anyway, I don't think it' anything to do on his end. I have pretty much the fastest cable internet available in my area, and I'm experiencing the same thing. Tons of desync. Lots of yellow/red chains almost constantly. Running 100m and getting teleported back 100m. It's not just me, my whole squad experiences it at the same time. Just last night we must of tried 15 different servers. 5 of them crashed. The rest had tons of desync. I second what someone else already said. 1.7.1.5 was much more stable, and at times I've thought of rolling back to it since I still have the files saved.

Edited by KField86

Everything was alot better on 1.7.1.5 servers, theres nothing wrong with my ISP and the servers i play on i have like 15ms.

Anti Aliasing is off and post processing. settings are set to minimal and i run a 980x @ 4.5ghz and two 4gb 680GTX in SLi

I don't think this has anything to do with ISPs or settings. I'm in ireland, have a 25MB connection and I have the same problems as okano.

The 'great performance fix' doesnt exist for me, still get the same FPS drops, especially in towns, and now, sometimes the frame rate would go to 1 a few times when I enter a new server and it would stop later on. I also get a lot of red/yellow chain icon but fortunately I don't disconnect.

Someone said that because of the great performance fix of the last patch, they added more zombies and now it seems that every village has more zombies than before, which makes the performance as shitty as before, who knows, the thing is, it is far from good.

Edit: I also think 1.7.1.5 was better, at least I didn't have to wait ages to enter a server and no FPS drops to 1 like now.

Edited by ArrThePirate

Yeah well thanks for confirming things guys atleast i know the problem isnt my end.

I thought things would be alot better with the new patch as the patch notes said something like 50% better performance but if anything its 50% worse than 1.7.1.5 .

I might even roll back the server tonight :S

As I just posted in another thread on this, server admins need the latest version of hive installing to prevent desyncs etc.

have same fps drops in citys with 1.7.2.3 and 949**. they were in 1.7.1.5 but not in 1.7.2.0. now they are back.

cant confirm desync for me.