Sign in to follow this  
otis606

Friendly Signal

Thinking of Minecraft.... when people right click with a sword in their hand it means friendly... and usually the other side does the same. I think we should have something like that in DayZ... Maybe like if someone is stuck and surrounded by zombies and u see him you could put your hand in the air and wave ... idk just a suggestion.

I was saluted by a guy with an axe when i was still unarmed. He could have taken the chance and kill me while i was picking up a double barrel shotgun but he didn't so i saluted back and we went our ways.

The problem is you never know until he/she shoots you. People don't know how to lower their weapon either, it's also a non aggression sign, if a player would point his weapon at me i would get really nervous.

In my opinion I think 3-4 hand signals would make a fine addition to this game, because I believe the majority of people would understand the hand signal to look, to stay where they are, and to get down..

I wish more people would either use the salute sign or lower their guns if friendly.

How do you do that anyway?

Have you ever opened up the control configuration menu? There are more keys than WASD , aim and shoot.

• Like 1

The reason people don't like saluting or lowering their weapons is because it makes them more vulnerable. What if the other guy isn't friendly and you lower your gun? Then you're fucked.

Yeah, bind a key to raise weapon in the controls menu. But you are still going to get shot because 90% of players KOS.

Drop your weapon :D

I won't shoot an unarmed player.

Where is the problem in ruining another player's day?

You have to be persistent in you gamestyle...otherwise you will lose your creditibility :P

I wish more people would either use the salute sign or lower their guns if friendly.

You do know that there is nothing stopping bandits from using the same signal right?

I saw many suggestions about implementing some friendly signal, but not all people are nice you know. Some actually lie and deceive.

You have to be persistent in you gamestyle...otherwise you will lose your creditibility :P

You should have quoted the entire post:

Let me play the devil's advocate.

Where is the problem in ruining another player's day?

Still, the only way i see to appear non threatening is to be unarmed.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

If someone does not lower there weapon they should be shot.

The most unused feature in arma 2/DayZ is SURRENDER ... You can drop your weapon and put your hands behind your head, just bind it in controls.

When I don't have a weapon and I run into someone, surrendering often "shocks" them and usually ends up in some great rp for me and them.