smokeymccallum@yahoo.co.uk

No starting weapon or global chat encourage player killing too much?

I'm pretty sure the statistics indicate otherwise, what is it, 80% of all deaths roughly are non-PvP related?

Stat's don't mean much.

How many of those deaths are people respawning to get where they want?

How many deaths are due to buggy ladders and other glitches?

How many are due to hackers?

Take all those factors away and I guarantee the PvP related death's % would be much higher.

I'm in no way against PvP, it makes the game what it is but PvP isn't a choice any more it seems. Kill or be killed is what it is.

Sorry, I still disagree. The situation with bandits has become tough but instead of changing the gameplay mechanics we should deal with it by starting groups, hunting them down and killing them all/destroying their bases. It's this kind of approach that the game encourages. Search through the threads, theres people already planning how to deal with bandits without changing the game at all.

Sort of. Not everyone use voice and typing takes longer in desperate situations. Without global chat, its hard to team-up/befriend anyone who isn't your friend. Veteran bandits and trolls will definitely take this chance to kill you.

• Like 1

Sort of. Not everyone use voice and typing takes longer in desperate situations. Without global chat, its hard to team-up/befriend anyone who isn't your friend. Veteran bandits and trolls will definitely take this chance to kill you.

Maybe, but if you decide you like the game and want to get more involved then just go and get a microphone.

I'm always teaming up with strangers. Yes it is hard. It's supposed to be.

Sorry, I still disagree. The situation with bandits has become tough but instead of changing the gameplay mechanics we should deal with it by starting groups, hunting them down and killing them all/destroying their bases. It's this kind of approach that the game encourages. Search through the threads, theres people already planning how to deal with bandits without changing the game at all.

Well the game had chat and was changed. So by your logic the mechanics should never of been changed therefore chat should still be in the game.

Not everyone wants to go through the forums and look for people to team up with. Surely having to do that breaks the immersion more than having no in game chat.

I don't particularly want to go out and kill bandit's but, as I've said a few times, there should be a choice to team up/communicate IN GAME.

Well the game had chat and was changed. So by your logic the mechanics should never of been changed therefore chat should still be in the game.

Not everyone wants to go through the forums and look for people to team up with. Surely having to do that breaks the immersion more than having no in game chat.

I don't particularly want to go out and kill bandit's but, as I've said a few times, there should be a choice to team up/communicate IN GAME.

And there will be via radios. We just have to be patient and wait.

And there will be via radios. We just have to be patient and wait.

Hopefully everyone will start with a radio. It will be up to the player whether they want to use it or not then.

Seem's like this is an interesting debate though. My intention with this thread was really just to see if other's thought the game favoured bandit's more than friendly's. Does seem that banditry is over powering friendliness at the moment. I find it hard to be friendly now. The game has turned me into a cold hearted killer. I want my soul back!

I think the idea will be that you have to find a radio, then you will be able to start contacting other people.

I still play as a friendly, and still have my soul. Like I said, there's ways of dealing with bandits, and ways of helping people too.

Just make the side chat server optionable. Is this so hard to came up with?

Maybe a radio system where everyone has there own number. The option is there to global chat but you could tell someone your number then when they dial it you can accept the transmission. This would stop people eve's dropping and finding out your position, it would also give the option to meet people in game.

How do you kill on sight without a weapon?

Use your beans.
  • Like 1

I think the point of having radios will be that you will be able to infiltrate certain frequencies and find out enemy positions/ bandit activity and so on. Having your own number is more like a mobile phione than a radio. You seem determined to make it a happy fluffy world...

Maybe a radio system where everyone has there own number. The option is there to global chat but you could tell someone your number then when they dial it you can accept the transmission. This would stop people eve's dropping and finding out your position, it would also give the option to meet people in game.

+100

The only problem with that is it changes the mechanic of the game. That's what I don't like. If your a noob just spawned and you can simply just start talking to every one on the map it takes away from the "survivor" element greatly.

Turn it off?

Turn it off?

Of course they could, but others will still use it to gain an advantage. Look, basically the answer is Radios. They're on the way, although maybe not until a standalone game is released (fingers crossed). This will keep all of us happy. You can have your Global chat (until your batteries run out) and it's much more in keeping with the style of the game unlike a magical global chat/telekenises system like every other MMO out there.

why not have servers with and without side chat? You overcomplicate things where it is not needed. This game isnt about realism anyway. And please dont start arguing about realism because I will start google for mems in a sense of "tell me more how carrying a heli rotor is realistic" etc etc

Edited by Roboserg
  • Like 1

why not have servers with and without side chat? You overcomplicate things where it is not needed. This game isnt about realism anyway. And please dont start arguing about realism because I will start google for mems in a sense of "tell me more how carrying a heli rotor is realistic" etc etc

If your talking to me, I haven't said realism once. Read my posts. I mentioned immersion and I also said that radios would be more in keeping with the style of the game.

Chat give some more life to the game if no chat game is rather dead becouse of only avarage 50 people in area of 250 kmx250 km, its rather boring. But i realy don't care if i can't chat and people kill more im playing DayZ after all for hardcore PVP PERMADEATH FULL LOOT ZOMBIE/PLAYER FEST. Not for some CAREBEAR socialize game with peaceful and makelove guys.

Now another QUESTION im puzzled with WHY you shoot on sight becouse no chat??? or why you now seek an excuse to shoot on sight becouse of no chat we still have Q/E bend left/right so the KOS all is BULLSHIT anyway.

I still don't shoot on sight and still i meet people who then also don't shoot so its still option, CHAT EXUCSE is LAME and bullcrap excuse to be MURDERER hehe.

I love the no weapon respawn i hope it stays this way and it have absolutely nothing to do with suddenly people kill more on sight.

Keep the game pure and simple and HARDCORE thats the reason why i BOUGHT this game in the first place, i don't want the game to dumb" CAREBEAR " down Dean"rocket"Hall OK!

I disagree. And you sound like an Arma snob. I've played Arma for years before DayZ but I'm happy to see it finally getting some of the recognition it desreves via this mod.

Strangers still help each other. Yes it's hard to know who to trust but that makes it more tense and adds to it. It would get boring quickly if we all just ran around comparing guns and high-fiving each other.

I disagree with most of your post in this topic but this reply is TOPNOTCH and i agree 100% there still players out there who help and i realy dont want all to be friendly

Right now the game encourages you to KOS (kill on sight). Nothing you can do. Its the devs who should somehow "fix it" by introducing worthwhile alternatives to not to KOS. Right now it better to kill.

Edited by Roboserg

Right now the game encourages you to KOS (kill on sight). Nothing you can do. Its the devs who should somehow "fix it" by introducing worthwhile alternatives to not to KOS. Right now it better to kill.

I don't feel encouraged to KOS. It makes me play more defensively, sure, but it doesn't make me run around gunning everyone down. Also, are we just talking about players who only play around Cherno and Electro because that'll probably never change.

250 kmx250 km

Suddenly Chernarus is 62,500km2.

Better stretch my calves.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

If I had a starting weapon I'd be inclined to kill new starters even more. also global chat ruins immersion and that is why it was removed.

Why is third-person still in the game?

coz third-person is more realistic?

In the original development of Arma, they were trying to come up with ways that would simulate your peripheral vision and help you have a better awareness of the environment. Although First-person view looks more "realistic" you also lose that awareness of your surroundings that you would have in "real" life. It can be like looking through a tube. That' also why there's the little white indicators on the edge of your screen.

I prefer playing in 1st person most of the time but 3rd person can be useful.

• Like 1