smokeymccallum@yahoo.co.uk

No starting weapon or global chat encourage player killing too much?

I liked teaming up with people at first but now there is no chat or starting weapon I kill on sight.

Reasons are I can't tell if someone is friendly now even if I want to team up with them.

Also once I have any weapon I don't want to lose it since I've had to search for it.

What are peoples opinion on this?

Should chat and/or starting weapon be reintroduced?

Edited by Smokey McCallum

Without global chat its even bigger killfest than it was before. And I liked to talk with people.

Edited by Jimmy McNulty
  • Like 4

If I had a starting weapon I'd be inclined to kill new starters even more. also global chat ruins immersion and that is why it was removed.

don't want to see either re-introduced tbh.

it takes 10 mins to get all the gear you need to survive... i really don't see the point. I got geared, put up a tent. got armed. without even needing to go near a house or a town...

Without global chat its even bigger killfest than it was before. And I liked to talk with people.

Man up then and go talk to them face to face.

Soon theres gonna be a global chat for those who found a walkie talkie so it;'s ok

Soon theres gonna be a global chat for those who found a walkie talkie so it;'s ok

no, he said they've been discussing it. he also said it would be hard to implement so might have to wait till the game is standalone.

I'm guessing the people who don't want global chat re-introduced always role in a crew.

yes we *roll* in crews. just because you don't, doesn't mean you should ruin everyone elses immersion. when I spawn on the beach I don't want to hear the chitter chatter of teens going "LOL I JUST SHOT A NOOB IN CHERNO LOLOLOL*

facepalm at that.

• Like 2

Guessing is bad for you. I role solo, and hate global chat, people who cry when shot, people who are constantly chatting trolling. it ruins the buzz. atleast it does for me.

I like the idea of a radio or a cellphone kinda idea, where u can send a message every 3-5 hours, looking for other survivors. but a not a global chat.

Insightful. Thanks for the input.

Bad idea is bad idea.

I'm guessing the people who don't want global chat re-introduced always role in a crew.

I do roll in a crew from time to time, but I often go off alone as well because it suites my role better.

yes we *roll* in crews. just because you don't, doesn't mean you should ruin everyone elses immersion. when I spawn on the beach I don't want to hear the chitter chatter of teens going "LOL I JUST SHOT A NOOB IN CHERNO LOLOLOL*

facepalm at that.

I only have one real friend who has a gaming PC all the others play console's. Why should I not have the chance to team up in game with people?

Global chat as in writing without voice chat. Voice chat could be restricted to people within a certain parameter.

I'm a 26 year old man.

The other people who don't want chat back are the kill on sight people anyway. I like variety. Playing as a bandit isn't optional anymore, it's a necessity.

Edited by Smokey McCallum
  • Like 2

If you have friends, go on skype or teamspeak or whatever people use these days.

Plus, why would I kill someone without a starting weapon? They have literally nothing on them, and what exactly are they going to do to me? Nibble at my kneecaps?

I only have one real friend who has a gaming PC all the others play console's. Why should I not have the chance to team up in game with people?

Global chat as in writing without voice chat. Voice chat could be restricted to people within a certain parameter.

I'm a 26 year old man. I'm guessing the reason you've hid your age on your profile is because you are one of the teeny boppers.

The other people who don't want chat back are the kill on sight people anyway. I like variety. Playing as a bandit isn't optional anymore, it's a necessity.

I'm 23, I'm friendly in this game and I don't want chat. There's a reason we have a forum for this game, instead of posting a topic like this, why don't you go post in the survivor section and see if you can find some new friends to roll with you there?

II'm guessing the reason you've hid your age on your profile is because you are one of the teeny boppers.

Your age is hidden as well... :thumbsup:

I'm 23, I'm friendly in this game and I don't want chat. There's a reason we have a forum for this game, instead of posting a topic like this, why don't you go post in the survivor section and see if you can find some new friends to roll with you there?

How can you be friendly with someone you randomly run into without chat? Since the chat has gone I've yet to bump into anyone who hasn't tried to kill me.

See I don't necessarily want to team up with people through my whole gameplay. Would just be good if I spot someone I can ask if they are friendly, like it used to be. The game isn't all about killing on sight like some think it is. Sometimes i feel like playing as a PKer other times I don't. Doesn't seem to be a choice any more. I have really good stuff and I kill on sight so I don't lose it. I don't kill people near the coast who have nothing because I know they aren't a threat. I always head north though and everyone up north has a weapon.

• Like 1

Starting with no weapons is perfectly reasonable and I like that. As far as the chat goes, people never honestly replied to the question "friendly?" anyway so I can't say it bothers me not to have that option either.

Starting with no weapons is perfectly reasonable and I like that. As far as the chat goes, people never honestly replied to the question "friendly?" anyway so I can't say it bothers me not to have that option either.

I kinda agree the starting weapon shouldn't come back. Was just thinking it might of encouraged some teamplay since everyone knew that everyone could defend themselves. You shoot anyone and you could be killed yourself.

I teamed up with people all the time through chat. A lot of the time i'd ask friendly and never reveal myself anyway. It was just to let them know I could see them even if they couldn't see me. My choice not to kill them would prove I was friendly.