Today when I was playing I was at the NW airfield, I heard someone drinking, so I stayed in this little

buiding, the survivor/bandit entered and I shot them. Should I feel bad, if I didn't shoot him he may of shot me instead.

Today when I was playing I was at the NW airfield, I heard someone drinking, so I stayed in this little

buiding, the survivor/bandit entered and I shot them. Should I feel bad, if I didn't shoot him he may of shot me instead.

Lol reminded me of my first kill. Was in NW airfield in the northern barracks. I was a bit outside in the trees and heard someone drink. I was noob then and was unsure if I really had heard somone drink or what it was. I looked in the windows and there was a survivor looking out the opposite window towards the airstrip.

I went behind the wall again and was like "what should I do? what should I do?"

Then I looked in again and now the survivor turned around and faced me and I just shoot in panic through the window and then ran away with zombies after me lol. Didnt return to loot his body or anything was just scared and shaken lol.

Didnt realise until a couple of minutes that I got a kill in the debug window. Was unsure you could shoot through the windows because I hadent manage to shoot zombies through the glassdorrs at the supermarkets before.

Edited by stimpen

buiding, the survivor/bandit entered and I shot them. Should I feel bad,

Yes

Got 3 kills in Electro earlier on... these guys were all armed and if there's one thing I've learned, its either you kill them, or they kill you! DayZ has PvP for a reason... Trust no one!

if I didn't shoot him he may of shot me instead.

You answered your own question :)

I murdered my first players yesterday. I was lost in the forest above Cherno. I was hungry, thirsty and got a cold that was slowly killing me. I had a AKM and a Makarov PM to defend myself with, two mags for the AKM and four for the pistol.

I saw a big farmhouse far up on a hill. So I ran towards it hopping that I would find food. Then I saw two players crawling along the forest line below the farmhouse. So I dropped low as I could, pressed myself to the ground hard as I could. I thought hard about what I should do. Should I kill them in cold blood for some food and water or should I call out and hope for the best?

I had decided when I raised my AKM and narrowed my sight at the back on the guy at the left, easiest to hit. I shot him square in the back, didn't kill outright him because he was moaning still. The other guy had hid in the thick bushes so I couldn't take a good shot at him.

He was screaming and I felt bad for him. He was screaming to his friend, trying to give him the direction of where I was shooting from, not knowing that his friend was dying. I stayed silent for three minutes and he was silent too. I was staring at the bushes trying to find any movements.

A black shadow moved suddenly to the right of the line of the bushes. I emptied the entire mag straight into the foliage! Then I saw the man falling forward to the ground, dead. The world was dead silent, well it certainly felt like it after that full automatic burst.

I heard a moan up to the left. I stood up and walked up to him, aimed and ended his misery.

This was my first true murders that wasn't because of me defending myself.

• Like 2

I murdered my first players yesterday. I was lost in the forest above Cherno. I was hungry, thirsty and got a cold that was slowly killing me. I had a AKM and a Makarov PM to defend myself with, two mags for the AKM and four for the pistol.

I saw a big farmhouse far up on a hill. So I ran towards it hopping that I would find food. Then I saw two players crawling along the forest line below the farmhouse. So I dropped low as I could, pressed myself to the ground hard as I could. I thought hard about what I should do. Should I kill them in cold blood for some food and water or should I call out and hope for the best?

I had decided when I raised my AKM and narrowed my sight at the back on the guy at the left, easiest to hit. I shot him square in the back, didn't kill outright him because he was moaning still. The other guy had hid in the thick bushes so I couldn't take a good shot at him.

He was screaming and I felt bad for him. He was screaming to his friend, trying to give him the direction of where I was shooting from, not knowing that his friend was dying. I stayed silent for three minutes and he was silent too. I was staring at the bushes trying to find any movements.

A black shadow moved suddenly to the right of the line of the bushes. I emptied the entire mag straight into the foliage! Then I saw the man falling forward to the ground, dead. The world was dead silent, well it certainly felt like it after that full automatic burst.

I heard a moan up to the left. I stood up and walked up to him, aimed and ended his misery.

This was my first true murders that wasn't because of me defending myself.

This is actually a good DayZ story

I got close to a murder yesterday. In the Elektro hospital, I heard rummaging and drinking while I was in one of the rooms on the second story. I took out my M1014 shotty and pointed to the door. Once I heard the drinking stop everything got real quiet. I didn't want to move and risk making a sound - as far as I know this may be a veteran player fully loaded and ready to kill.

After about 7 minutes of sitting there, watching the empty door way that looks straight onto the staircase heading down to the main floor, not blinking, and holding my own breath I heard a boot shuffle from the right in the hallway. My heart was racing. A real fear of death struck the pit of my stomach.

Next thing I know I hear boots trampling towards me from the hallway. As soon as I saw the slightest figure enter my line of sight through the doorway I pulled that strigger. In a flash the silhouette of a player sped by the doorway, down the hallway to the left. Fueled with adrenaline I chased after.

Sadly, no one was there anymore.

Don't trust anyone. I would have done the same.

I would shoot everyone but friends in airfields... they are all there for the same reasons... to take the good stuff. To take YOUR good stuff.

My first kill was in one of the castles in the center of the map. I went in with a friend. No zombies.. interesting. Looked up on the stairs and a shotgun aimed right at me, or so I thought. I did not raise my gun to signal that I was friendly. He took a shot, he missed, and now he's dead. I do not murder. It's a shame that I'm the only person I've met besides one guy I saved at sub 2000 blood today. THough I do assume that if we met out and about on even footing, he would have been a bit more aggressive.

I walked into one of the pubs in Cherno and as I went to go behind the bar I noticed another player sitting there aiming his gun at the opposite door. I only had a hatchet so I called "friendly" in chat... no response. Two swift blows to the head later his loot was mine. I made a quick getaway only to realise I forgot to pick up his pistol...

You were in the Airfield.

if any place is shoot on sight its that one.

Everyone goes there, knowing the superhigh risk / reward.

Thats the #1 place you can kill without feeling bad really. ;D

My first was Saturday, investigating the apartment blocks on the outskirts of Cherno. I was going room to room when I hear a Zed, get him with my hatchet & loot the room, move to the next & as I step through the door there's a guy lying down, he takes 1 or 2 shots, breaking my leg but I manage to axe him.

Thankfully on searching the body I fine morphine to fix the leg break & several other goodies. I suffered a lot of blood loss but the satisfaction at surviving was immense.

When I check my stats turns out he was a bandit, even better!

Do not make two Threads for one subject.

I'm sorry I was on my phone when I posted and my internet glitched. If you delete it that would be great

i was on the hill kinda in northern elektro with my Enfield, made 3 kills there with only 3 shots lol... i really felt like a murderer back then ^^