Sign in to follow this  
Devil4444123

L85A2 AWS Missing after joining outdated server, should he bother asking for it back?

Well, we were on an updated 1.7.2.3 server driving around and we found a helicopter crash site. My mate found an L85A2 AWS and was so happy he found it, now we were driving to go back to our camp and his computer crashed, thus causing him to log out. He then rejoined the server after starting it back up, but picked a different server by accident (1 digit up) and got the "Choose your gender screen" because it was an outdated server, he then logged back into the the server we were on after getting worried that all of his gear disappeared and was relieved that it was all there. He then noticed that the L85A2 was missing, now I'm assuming that's because he joined the outdated server, where the L85A2 was removed due to a bug, so it deleted it from his backpack.

So the question is, is he able to get the gun back at all? Or should he just try to find another weapon to replace it?

Edited by Devil4444123

How much time passed between him picking up the L85 and then being disconnected from the server? I'm having fucking crazy inventory problems, and I'm starting to think that there's some sort of mandatory amount of time you must be logged in after picking something up in order for it to save to the HIVE.

How much time passed between him picking up the L85 and then being disconnected from the server? I'm having fucking crazy inventory problems, and I'm starting to think that there's some sort of mandatory amount of time you must be logged in after picking something up in order for it to save to the HIVE.

I remember reading somewhere that every 5 minutes stuff saves to the HIVE, but it was over 10 minutes at least since he picked it up as we had to drive back to the crash site (about 4 minutes either way) to get the ammo he dropped when he picked the weapon up. So it was well over the limit.

I have lost and regain weapons in my backpack. Latest this day I accidentally lost my dmr. It was my own fault I temporarly put it on a zombie corps and the corpse despawned lol. Then I put my main weapon mk 48 in the backpack instead to pick up a bizon. I played quite long (went through NW airfiled) and I think I logged out and in at one instance.

When the ammo was out for the bizon I was going to switch for the mk 48 again. Now it was gone from the backpack and replaced by the dmr I had lost a long time ago! Really annoying because I really liked the mk 48.

I was hurt from the NW airfiled and shoot a lamb and went to the woods to cook the meat. Then I realize that my hatchet was missing also!!! Flashback to the patch when the hatchet become a weapon and the hatchet and the main weapon dissapered.

This was just the most recent backpack problem Ive had. I think exept patch problems that erased my weapons about 4 times I have maybe lost weapons three times from inventory. And lost and regain stuff a couple of times also.