JimmyTheHand

Is it possible to just randomly die?

So I was cruising the hills/mountains of the far west in my ghillie suit. Thought I might head over to Zelenogorsk so being the cautious player I am, I keep a good look around and move through the trees from the west side of the town, at the tree line a go prone to check out the town through my scope. Sitting there for a couple of minutes all of a sudden without any sound of gunfire etc, I'm dead. No unconcious just straight up dead.

Not complaining really, would just like to know if its possible that you can just randomly die?? The only other thing I can think of is getting axed in the back, but found incredibly hard to believe but not impossible since I had only been on for about 20mins and started at the very west side of the map

Most likely a pine tree killed you. Do not prone next to the xmas pine tree thingys! They will kill you. You probably heard a crunching noise as you died.

If you were smart you would have run back to your body to retrieve your stuff.

Sniper possibly, not heard of any bugs that could explain what you describe.

Most likely a pine tree killed you. Do not prone next to the xmas pine tree thingys! They will kill you. You probably heard a crunching noise as you died.

If you were smart you would have run back to your body to retrieve your stuff.

Yep i did hear a sound like that thanks mate!

5 minutes without any players nearby.

Also, the fact you didn't hear a gunshot doesn't mean it wasn't a sniper.

Both in ArmA and IRL, (sniper and some other weapons') bullets travel faster than sound. You die before you even hear the gunshot.

But if it was the bug as previously stated, then it could also be a possibility.

Edited by krtshv

5 mins? that sux, I eventually made it back there, could hear a lot of fly's buzzing around but no body, prob doesn't help I was wearing a ghillie suit. Oh well will just have to go raid the bandit camp again :)

Your body probably already sunk into the ground, I was looking for a streamers body for him who died the exact same way, if you listen closely it will sound like the flies are inside or directly below the tree. The trees are just getting revenge for all the Christmas trees we've slaughtered in the past. :P

You can also walk over certain rocks and die.

Happened to me outside the Church in Cherno.

Sucked ass, had a CZ455 or whatever the rifle is.