Sign in to follow this  
Plasmafrog

I've learned a valuable lesson

Treat everyone as they would treat you, shoot everyone that you meet.

I just met a seemingly nice fellow, help clear out the street below. He was well equipped with silenced automatics and a dashing rifle to go along with it. I figured that he'd have no interest in killing me, so I attempted to partner up with him in hoping that we could begin a fresh journey.

This player didn't seem particurally experienced after all. He climbed ladders without a bit of caution and sprinted where ever he deemed fit without even a glance. Surely, I could have killed him at least seven times in our short time together.

We get to the floor and run into the hospital across the street. I help him with some supplies, tell him that I'll be off now, and then he proceeds to shoot me in the back: a coward's move.

So, for the folks that complain about bandits and constant "deathmatch" style gameplay, you should know damn well that you can't trust anyone with a gun, period.

• Like 1

By any chance did he witness you pick up a can of beans?

• Like 2

Exactly. The only mistake I think you made is you didn't shoot him the first chance you had. Lootz and a murder? Win win.

I want desperately to find someone to coop with, but this never happens.

By any chance did he witness you pick up a can of beans?

Nope, he was just interested in killing me. It's likely that he spawned his items since he had some pretty rare stuff.

Well actually, I think you did everything right if trying to team up with a stranger

(Something I would never do in the first place)

But if you do, just don't tell them you're leaving.

Sends a signal to us killers an alice pack full of loot is 2m away from you and is about to run.

Also note that I was only carrying low-grade items since as a winchester, a makarov pm, two cans of food, and some soda with quite a few bandages. He had no idea that I was carrying these items.

Edited by Plasmafrog

Where do you reside and what time schedule do you play on?

My group is soon to open up applications to join our platoon (30+ guys).

Keep an eye towards the website in my sig for our official launch and opening of applications (and monthly prize drawings if your not interested in the group).

I think I learned this lesson on my second day in game. I was in Cherno and was incredibly excited to have found a super rare and amazing Lee Ein! I was wondering around near the Warehouse near the docks and train tracks when I notice two guys running from a group of zombies, I didn't shoot because they were unarmed, and I was still naive. One was named Brother Bear, the other was Penis (Should have taken that name into consideration...) They are grateful that I didn't shoot them and even more so that I took care of their zombie friends. They ask me to follow them, and so I do and we meet Brother Bear's Friend, Father Bear, who just so happens to have an AKM... Well we went about looting and having fun in Cherno for a good hour or so, until our friend Penis get's his hands on a Makarov. We'd been friendly so far so I caught us off guard when we found ourselves murdered at the hands of our friend Penis! Father Bear killed him though... Was my first time interacting with other people in Day Z, the first of many! Most of which resulted in gunfire... but I think this story shares the same morale value as the first one!

• Like 1

You're doing it wrong. The point of being human is that you change the world around you not let the world change you to fit it.

• Like 1

IN the end this is what will happen to us all if the Shit ever hit the fan.... Have a network of people who are your friends and stay alive...

You're doing it wrong. The point of being human is that you change the world around you not let the world change you to fit it.

I Like it, but I also like not losing my gear... it's a narrow road and trusting often ends painfully. Also, Your Magicka Mage Robe Pic is win.

18+? Own a microphone? Have or willing to download mumble voice client? PM me, may have some good times ahead of us.

Lol, are you those guys I just sniped?

I thought I'd mix it up a but today, I was at the balota tents were I found an unarmed guy mooching about so after clearing a few zombies I thought I'd rob him. I told him to drop his shit, there was a bit of waiting then he did. I didn't kill him I told him to get out of the area. I think he was suprised I didn't shoot. That was fun but once he was gone I thought i should have kidnapped him!

Yep, I got all sort of interesting story so far when it comes to meeting other players. Most of them have ended in gunfight though.

Yesterday, as I got sniped in Elektro, so I created a new character and spawned in Cap Galova near Elektro again! I went to get a weapon in the nearest buildings and found myself a new unarmed friend! We chat for a bit and he told me it was his first hour of play and died not so long ago to another player. So, as we're both unarmed, I tell him to follow me as I wanted to go to the barn not so far north.

30 minutes pass, and we're still out of luck. No hachet, no gun, not even food! We both agreed to raid Elektro to have a better chance at getting something. Entering Elektro from the northern side, we made our way inside the Supermarket dodging all zombies but one who bit me. As I get inside, I bled and lost 4000 bloods and patched up myself with a bandage. We loot the Supermarket and I get my hands on a Lee Enfield! Nice! After packing up, we both have food and water and I told my friend we should get to the hospital so he could transfuse me.

An hour or so have passed. We're both full on supplies, bloodpacks, morphine, food, etc. But my friend is still missing a weapon. I told him we should try our luck at the power plant near as there're military loot. As we get near Elektro's border, my friend found another Lee Enfield inside a shed.

And, that's where I got betrayed for the first time. Maybe it was his plan all along seeing I got the weapon and as he couldn't do anything yet. I remember dieing and not saying anything looking at him in complete awe! I never knew his name, but I'll remember him as the betrayer!

Edited by Allov

I wonder if European countries, like the UK, with low gun density would do better than countries, like the US, with high gun density in a real apocalypse if the Zeds where reasonably easy to deal with.

Killing with melee weapons would increase the risk for the bandit type person.

Survivor HQ is a good place to start.