Sign in to follow this  
todayshero

Warning: Boundries

So I've been playing for a bit and found a couple vehicles, I thought to myself that I would hide these vehicles on the edge of the west map. Unless you have a map this is probably a mistake. I've been trained in land navigation and knew that just using a generic internet map I could find my way back and I could get a good rough grid for where I set up. Unfortunately, once I found a 'good spot' I realized I wasn't even on the map anymore. So, unless you are really good with memory and mental maps, careful not to stray to far west. I found another vehicle stuck out there.

Nah, douche bag hoarders put all their stuff outside of the map because they're scared of losing their gear like little cry babys. I can't wait until rocket makes it so you can't put stuff outside of the map anymore. It'll be a GLORIOUS DAY.

• Like 1

Actually, the in-game map does go far out of bounds (where the numbers wrap around into the 999s). People who stash off-map use the in-game map or a GPS to navigate.

I wish I would have had a map, if I had realized you could go off map I'd never of gone west and just stuck to in the box, unfortunately though, my bike plus someone else's white truck are probably lost forever. Is there a bigger map for arma 2? I tried to look to see if I could get some terrain association but it seems the arma 2 map is exactly the same size. I hope Rocket cuts the map, I typically don't like artificial boundries but that's just crazy. I wonder how many vehicles are sitting out of bounds lost and broken cause of stupid mistakes like mine.

I wish I would have had a map, if I had realized you could go off map I'd never of gone west and just stuck to in the box, unfortunately though, my bike plus someone else's white truck are probably lost forever. Is there a bigger map for arma 2? I tried to look to see if I could get some terrain association but it seems the arma 2 map is exactly the same size. I hope Rocket cuts the map, I typically don't like artificial boundries but that's just crazy. I wonder how many vehicles are sitting out of bounds lost and broken cause of stupid mistakes like mine.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/25099-out-of-bounds-itemvehicles-cleanup-2012-07-06/

• Like 2