Sign in to follow this  
Zexis

Approaching NWAF for first time, any tips?

I'm near the barn south of the airfield. I've heard many horror stories of sniper teams wiping out hours of work as they camp the barracks. But, I really want to take a shot at looting the place.

I have a CZ and M1911. Any advice on how to approach, which places to avoid, etc? I want to avoid contact if at all possible, but I can kill if need be. Thanks!

If you got shot at by a sniper going prone doesn't help... Just sprint inside the nearest building and watch the entrances. And move along the outside until you get to the building you want to enter

Do not run on the runway like there is no care in the world, scout out the fire station and comms tower as they are places where players like to be and also check the hangers before stealthy moving in along the sides.

Double Tap.

If you are on them move through some woodland & you mange to see somebody.

Look at their equipment first, if it is a high powered Sniper Rifle than you are in luck remember Double Tap.

Get into a good position check how many of them there are, if there is just one get 600m away (That is if you are a good Shot)

Two shots, don't get greedy.

Shoot them once, than if they fall to the floor, shoot them twice.

They might be unconscious.

1. If you see zombies in great distances, someone is allready over there.

2. If you see zombies dissapearing, someone is allready over there.

3. If you see zombies aggroing in the distance, someone is allready over there

4. If you see zombies running and then stopping, someone WAS allready over there [and may come back]

5. If you see zombies in great distances but no movement and/or shots for prolonged times, some griefer sniper is lurking

6. Go around the airfield, use the tree lines.

7. Aggroing zombies will give out your position

8. If you find mediocre to shitty loot, many people were there [you may need to loot-cycle, take care]

9. If you find lots of loot in the barracks, you sir are lucky as shit, pick up loot fast and bail out

10. Best approach the airfield from the NE and move cautiously, take your time and be PATIENT.

Edited by CriticalNerd

1. If you see zombies in great distances, someone is allready over there.

2. If you see zombies dissapearing, someone is allready over there.

3. If you see zombies aggroing in the distance, someone is allready over there

4. If you see zombies running and then stopping, someone WAS allready over there [and may come back]

5. If you see zombies in great distances but no movement and/or shots for prolonged times, some griefer sniper is lurking

6. Go around the airfield, use the tree lines.

7. Aggroing zombies will give out your position

8. If you find mediocre to shitty loot, many people were there [you may need to loot-cycle, take care]

9. If you find lots of loot in the barracks, you sir are lucky as shit, pick up loot fast and bail out

10. Best approach the airfield from the NE and move cautiously, take your time and be PATIENT.

Yeah, so far the southern buildings have been completely empty. Really hope the rest of the place isn't that way.

If your alone I'd come in at the south west barracks, that way it's possible to get in and out without really having to leave the tree lines..It's always a risk, so only really try to get items your unlikely to find anywhere else. Move out as soon as possible. If you come under attack anywhere but near a building just run, other wise take cover and and assess quickly the best next move (minus Alt F4). Try your best not to shoot, (even SD) weapons give away your location and once your up in the NW it really is kill on sight. Gd luck.

id advise doing it on a low pop server and/or at night time on a server..

id advise doing it on a low pop server and/or at night time on a server..

Well, everyone will think the same, I had more confrontations in situations like this rather than in broad daylight.

Night time works well, as well as sd ammo for the zombies and avoiding shooting as much as possible.

Frankly, often, for me, four or so zombies spawn in the barracks, so I have to fire (players can here some sd ammo though zombies do not).

Some of the "basic" rules apply. Move quickly and strategically to avoid zombies.

If you fire a gun, consider it a 10-15 second timer until another player arrive to kill you and move quickly and get out of there accodingly.

Good luck.

First find a vehicle. Then drive said vehicle through the middle of the airstrip. If you don't get shot at then your probably not alone. If you do get shot at then your not alone. If you hit a pebble and explode, then your alone.

• Like 3

Well, two guys on the comm tower, and I don't feel confident enough with my CZ to hit them from the southern barracks. Going to try to get closer if I can. Took a shot at one earlier and made him bleed, but I couldn't finish him off. Wish me luck!

After about 20 NW airfield trips, I have yet to get any good loot from it (except from other players). For a loot mission not really worth the risk! But PVP is pretty fun there if you are looking for that (almost all are server hoppers and d/c cheaters though, be ready). Crashed heli loot is found far more often and much less risk. Heck even Stary and deerstands have better loot.

Edited by walkerbait421

I was headed towards the airfield but I might change my route after reading this thread. It doesn't exactly sound like it's worth the risk, I've got an AKM, CZ and M1911 but I've never fired the CZ before so I'm not sure I'll be any good with it.

I was headed towards the airfield but I might change my route after reading this thread. It doesn't exactly sound like it's worth the risk, I've got an AKM, CZ and M1911 but I've never fired the CZ before so I'm not sure I'll be any good with it.

In my experience, you're better of with the NE Airfield or even deer stands.

Check the bathrooms in the barracks. Seriously. I once got into the barracks thinking I was safe only to have some guy pop out of the bathroom a minute later while I was still inside. I don't know if he was a server hopper or camper or something.

After living in the woods for a good amount of time i think i´ll try my chances in the airfield too, while it was fun looking for water pounds, hunting food and cooking, it just got old very fast for me, just raided stary sobor now and found an AKM =D

Oh one more thing, i was looking into some map i´ve found on the internet and there´s supposed to be a helicopter crash site near Stary Sobor, is this true? Might try looking over there first.

Edited by Zordon

Zordon, heli sites are random. However, I did find one there, so it's worth checking out.

And thanks for the tips everyone! Darkness fell and I was able to sneak up to northern barracks and trade out my CZ for my first ever M4A1 CCO! Very happy :) Was considering checking the south side again when a grenade went off in the fire station, so I think I'm high tailing it outta here.