wildstars

After five days of playing this, I have determined that DayZ is a marathon simulator.

You start out with nothing but the clothes on your back, a backpack, a bandaid, a tylenol, and a flashlight.

And you run.

And run.

And run.

And run some more.

And die.

There are slight variations on this theme. Sometimes you die at the hands of a zombie. Sometimes at the hands of another player. Sometimes due to a glitch or bug. Sometimes, you kill another zombie or player before you die. Interestingly enough, you never die from exhaustion.

I really wanted to like this mod. I love OFP, Arma I, II, and OA. I was looking for a "Day by Day:Arageddeon experience." What I got was the boring aspects of "Forest Gump."

I realize its in alpha. I'm not being critical of the technical aspects of the mod. I'm being critical of a key design element.

I suggest starting the character with a random low end firearm loaded with two or three rounds of ammo. It would certainly explain how you (the character) managed to survive so far in a hostile environment.

• Like 4

You start out with nothing but the clothes on your back, a backpack, a bandaid, a tylenol, and a flashlight.

And you run.

And run.

And run.

And run some more.

And die.

There are slight variations on this theme. Sometimes you die at the hands of a zombie. Sometimes at the hands of another player. Sometimes due to a glitch or bug. Sometimes, you kill another zombie or player before you die. Interestingly enough, you never die from exhaustion.

I really wanted to like this mod. I love OFP, Arma I, II, and OA. I was looking for a "Day by Day:Arageddeon experience." What I got was the boring aspects of "Forest Gump."

I realize its in alpha. I'm not being critical of the technical aspects of the mod. I'm being critical of a key design element.

I suggest starting the character with a random low end firearm loaded with two or three rounds of ammo. It would certainly explain how you (the character) managed to survive so far in a hostile environment.

You state problem: Too much running

You suggest a fix: Give us a gun

Your logic: Lost on me

• Like 12

Some people love sandbox games, others lack the imagination or ability to play them. You are likly part of the latter group. YOu don't need a gun at the start, the game, it really is not that hard to find a weopon. If they cut all the running down they would have to make the world smaller or provide everyone with a vehicle. Both would ruin the experiance and likly create an even more deathmatch like game then it already is. Clearly, as I said a sandbox game is not for you, or you like kid friendly sandbox games like Skyrim or GTA.

kid friendly... like... GTA.

Wait, what?

Lol

Edited by Caviano
  • Like 1

Four-Fifths of this game is travel. You will be running around a lot. Starting with a gun will not change that.

The first part of this game is very hard. Its suppose to be. If you do not like running around or being very vulnerable, and find it incredibly boring. Then this game isn't for you in its current form.

Also, be sure to check and search for other threads similar to this before posting, there are tons of them.

His logic is simple, it really is!

You need a gun to shoot off your legs thus making yourself impossible to run!

Voila!

• Like 7

Voila!

HAH

I rarely like anything on the forums, but I like this.

• Like 1

I know it can be a little daunting to run around everywhere and constantly die (reloading is what bothers me out of everything, I could care less about the equipment).

I'll just recommend some of the following to increase your enjoyment:

=Search up some DayZ maps that can help you find equipment

=Know player hot spots and avoid them or be more careful

-Find a group to play with. Helps pass the time. Talking to someone instead of looking up the two mile distance you have to run makes it less challenging.

Good luck. Have patience. You've played five days and honestly that may seem like a lot of learning, but there's plenty more to do!

Another consideration is that the reason people feel so involved and immersed with Day Z is that there is downtime between the action. LONG periods of downtime, whether it be running or simply being the guy on overwatch while everyone else loots. The long periods of calm are what make the action parts so much more memorable and thrilling.

So you want a day by day armageddon experience..... Have you read the book? have you read the second book? this game is Day by Day armageddon..... Hes surviving... once he leaves his house he is always on the move. until i dont want to give details out for people that want to read the book. But this game is Day by Day.......

If people want to be in a gunfight, play ArmA II's multiplayer.

If people want to survive with a chance of gunfights, play Dayz.

well YOU can stay in the big city and not run.. but good luck staying alive

Voila!

Hahaha!!

OP has it all wrong. Guns don't make you run faster, knives do.

• Like 3

At first I had to run from three aggro zombies, each at separate occasions and that was it till I'd gotten weapons/ammo and learnt how the zombies react to sound and their line of sight. I can literally crouch between two groups of zombies each 10 feet away from me on both sides. I'm in their peripherals and even their line of sight sometimes and nothing... So no, it's not a marathon!

His logic is pretty simple. If you had a gun you would not need to run away from Z's. You could shoot them. You guys are making yourself look pretty dumb for not understanding this.

I don't agree with him though. I like the way the game is setup.

See ya

His logic is pretty simple. If you had a gun you would not need to run away from Z's. You could shoot them. You guys are making yourself look pretty dumb for not understanding this.

I don't agree with him though. I like the way the game is setup.

See ya

So you think a makarov with 2 clips of ammunition will take the running away from the game? How are you going to get military gear? Or get North? Fly there?

• Like 1

If you're having trouble gearing up watch some guides, read up about where loot spawns, study the map. If you are continually dying before you can get geared up enough to go north you need to work on your understanding of gearing up in the coastal towns. If you find that even after you have a little gear you are still running then you are playing like a moron. If you are running around a town and I'm there, I'm going to shoot you and take your gear. Stealth is a huge huge part of this game.

One thing ive learned from this game is not to rage. XD and that getting gear is very fucking easy,

What would you do in real life, stand there and wait for someone to pick you up in a car?

So you think a makarov with 2 clips of ammunition will take the running away from the game? How are you going to get military gear? Or get North? Fly there?

It is VERY possible to get North and get weapons without having Z's attacking you.

But then again, you probably are not as good as I am. :)

See y