Sign in to follow this  
Phantom/Vyndorn

New Vehicle Idea

I noticed DayZ has tons of rail road tracks, but no trains...

So I was wondering if people would like the idea of a handcar.

A handcar is a car miners / construction workers use to use before electricity to manually push themselves down the tracks.

The cars are usually 1-4 person operated.

I was thinking the hand car for DayZ would be 1 person operated (driver) with the ability to hold 1 passenger. Since these cars generally helped move things, I think the storage space should be 25-50.

the-willowdale-handcar-or-the-return-of-the-black-doll.jpeg?1227541387handcar.jpg

Edited by Phantom/Vyndorn
  • Like 3

-Train-

After being all over the map to find a vehicle and not finding any not even one i could fix up, i think the vehicle chance should be somewhat improved, then i defnetly think a chance of a train spawning would be awsome, i dont think you would has=ve to go back to a hand powered cart, you could make it an old coal powered train. Heres a site with heaps of trains from russia to get some ideas of what they use http://englishrussia.com/2008/10/05/trains-of-russia/ .

-Plane-

I also think in the north east airstrip the heli chance should be removed and like an old cropduster type plane should be there since its like a rural paddock type field. here is a link to an old russian cropduster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2 .

Well I wasn't thinking so much of a train, just a little vehicle for the tracks for fun. However, a plane would be a interesting concept. However, with helicopter, a old fashion plain wouldn't really work.

+1 this is pretty cool, i started another random thread on coal mine environment and the conversations ive had came close to this territory

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32531-coal-mines-problems-with-heat-extra-environment-items-linked-threads/

this gives another reason for tracks to be utilised, would be quite a sight to see a train colliding with a hand car :S

or even possibly just a full size train that goes back and forth along the coast and stops at each station for say 2 minutes or so. that way fresh players have some form of quicker transport plus with it just being a public thing you'll have that slight excitement of not knowing if someone is gonna be at the next stop to blow you away! lol

probably not even worth programming into the game would probably take them 5 months minimum and really dosent provide much substancial gamplay enchansements with out completly developing the whole game.

Was just about to post this idea.

probably not even worth programming into the game would probably take them 5 months minimum and really dosent provide much substancial gamplay enchansements with out completly developing the whole game.

Aside from the timeframe, I disagree with you completely. Patching this in would mean a vehicle that cannot be hidden. Ever. In the current climate of hoarding/hiding vehicles, this is huge.

Still not so sure about the train, hand car seems more DayZ.

Yes. Trains bad, handcarts good.

or even possibly just a full size train that goes back and forth along the coast and stops at each station for say 2 minutes or so. that way fresh players have some form of quicker transport plus with it just being a public thing you'll have that slight excitement of not knowing if someone is gonna be at the next stop to blow you away! lol

No, god no. Everything in this game must be player driven.

• Like 1

Great idea. Especially if it requires more people to travel.

Maybe the more people, the faster it goes?

I like the idea. Most hand cars actually require people two operate.

Was just about to post this idea.

Aside from the timeframe, I disagree with you completely. Patching this in would mean a vehicle that cannot be hidden. Ever. In the current climate of hoarding/hiding vehicles, this is huge.

Yes. Trains bad, handcarts good.

No, god no. Everything in this game must be player driven.

I do like your points, but i think trains should be a vehicle that could be repaired and used, if handcarts were going to be introduced.

I noticed DayZ has tons of rail road tracks, but no trains...

So I was wondering if people would like the idea of a handcar.

A handcar is a car miners / construction workers use to use before electricity to manually push themselves down the tracks.

The cars are usually 1-4 person operated.

I was thinking the hand car for DayZ would be 1 person operated (driver) with the ability to hold 1 passenger. Since these cars generally helped move things, I think the storage space should be 25-50.

the-willowdale-handcar-or-the-return-of-the-black-doll.jpeg?1227541387handcar.jpg

Nice idea. Very cool.

The handcar, since it is obviously limited to mobility since it is on tracks, would be somewhat hard to conceal for private use. I was thinking perhaps you would have a option to dis-assemble it and keep it in your bags so you could keep it in a tent or something of the various nature. Then when you wanted to put it back on the tracks, just flop it down and build it using the various tool/mechanical parts.