i think you die way to fast. you played for days without dieing and then another player just comes by and shoots 3 bullets in you and you're DEAD.

today i was logging in with my friend in a server and there were other people and at the same time they shot my friend was dead already.. he walked all the way to the airfield (because he died the day before too)

In Day Z you are a human, centre mass shot from many of the weapons would be enough to put an average human down, three would be overkill.

1) Don't log out in stupid places

2) Be more careful

3) The game is about REALISM, you're not walking away from 3 shots.

4) DON'T LOG OUT IN STUPID PLACES

i think you die way to fast. you played for days without dieing and then another player just comes by and shoots 3 bullets in you and you're DEAD.

today i was logging in with my friend in a server and there were other people and at the same time they shot my friend was dead already.. he walked all the way to the airfield (because he died the day before too)

Sounds to me like you logged out at a camping spot. Well of coarse there will be guys there and yes when you appear they will shoot you lol

realism is not fun at all. I agree you die to fast and it's just lame to have a mod where you lose all your stuff when you die without even a chance to fight for it. Dayz PvP takes no skill and is about who sees who first.

realism is not fun at all. I agree you die to fast and it's just lame to have a mod where you lose all your stuff when you die without even a chance to fight for it. Dayz PvP takes no skill and is about who sees who first.

You guys are hating on the thing that makes this mod so amazing and tense.

I'm just saying it's not any fun to die from a guy you couldn't/didn't see and losing all of your gear. this is NOT PvP because PvP requires players to actually fight each other.

This. The game isn't halo, thanks.

I'm just saying it's not any fun to die from a guy you couldn't/didn't see and losing all of your gear. this is NOT PvP because PvP requires players to actually fight each other.

The fear of losing all my gear to a guy I didn't see, and the paranoia it causes, is at least half of the fun of the game.

I can understand the frustration. Getting shot while you are loading in the game isn't fun in any game, but unlike the other games you decide where you load in because you decided where to log out. So if you made a bad decision, you live or die by that decision. And thats whats makes this mod great. So you take the death, kick and scream for a while, and try to learn how to play better the next time.

Keep your senses keen, and you'll have a chance to fight back. Check your corners, scan a town before running into it, always be looking for a potentional snipers nest/position. Think like your enemy. You'll live longer.

fun was not one of the initial design goals. frustration however was. as was creating an impossibly cruel, dark, authentic experience that invoked emotions.

Learn from your mistakes. Hold down ALT and move the mouse around to check your surroundings every step of the way. This game will move on without you if you don't at least TRY to get better and I don't mean that in a "go back to l4d, noob" way. I'm just letting you know that the devs and player base will not make this easier just for you.

Actually, your argument about how that isn't PVP is invalid, because if someone you don't see shoots you in BF3, CS:S, DoD:S, etc etc do you not consider that a valid death or does it not count because you weren't "actually fighting each other"?

Learn from your mistakes. Hold down ALT and move the mouse around to check your surroundings every step of the way. This game will move on without you if you don't at least TRY to get better and I don't mean that in a "go back to l4d, noob" way. I'm just letting you know that the devs and player base will not make this easier just for you.

Actually, your argument about how that isn't PVP is invalid, because if someone you don't see shoots you in BF3, CS:S, DoD:S, etc etc do you not consider that a valid death or does it not count because you weren't "actually fighting each other"?

I can survive completly fine I had 10 days then i got bored. After that I ended up convincing my friends to play now i just sit on a roof with them shooting everyone we see.

300px-Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg

From left: .50BMG (As50), 300 Win Mag, .308 Winchester, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm (stanag), 22LR. From wikipedia.

Nuff said :P

Edited by chilled

I'd rather die and kill in 1-5 shots than unload 2 clips in my opponent until I feel like their shields are down. Adds suspense to the game. Gets the blood pumping. You don't get that very often anymore.

300px-Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg

From left: .50BMG (As50), 300 Win Mag, .308 Winchester, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm (stanag), 22LR. From wikipedia.

Nuff said :P

lol wtf?

Half the fun of the game is the fact that you always have to be on your toes. And another thing is that if this were real then people wouldnt just walk out in front of you and then fight they will hide so that they have a better chance is all about realism.

This game is all about realism, if your going to get butthurt about it being realistic, then go back to COD.

Half the fun of the game is the fact that you always have to be on your toes. And another thing is that if this were real then people wouldnt just walk out in front of you and then fight they will hide so that they have a better chance is all about realism.

yea but still snipers are overpowered they can zoom in like 1000meters and still kill you pretty easy..

however i would like that if i got a sniper :D