foliveira1982@gmail.com

DayZ has much to learn

I think we're glossing over the fact that DayZ is still in alpha, which means its still in development, whereas the aforementioned Stalker mod has been completed. The two mods are also very different in terms of gameplay. The Stalker mod is based on the Stalker universe so it allows for more "unrealistic" features, like anomalies, which enhance gameplay. DayZ, on the other hand, strives towards a sandbox realism and allows players to make their own fun.

You cannot simply compare the two mods and claim that one is better than the other without taking in account such details.

• Like 1

Stupid way to think.

That's your opinion.

Bitching about something with no constructive or beneficial purpose as to the subject matter is a sign of idiocy. But hey, that's my opinion.

Stupid way to think.

U mad? Sooooo sad. Have fun in Call of Duty you fucking child the community will NOT miss you.

So fans of other mods are mad? Okay.

You know what would have been a better approach with this thread? Introducing the other mods in a thought out way rather than bitching and moaning and coming off as a fanboy troll. Most people are going to stumble into this thread after reading or at least seeing tons of whiny threads and not think one second about anything presented here. A lot of those people are the ones you should have been trying to reach as I have a feeling they had no idea there were other quality mods for ARMA2. If they did, they probably never looked into them to find the ones that are actually fun. You could have introduced them to the best of the best without being a little puss about it.

I'm going through the linked videos; here's my opinions.

On ACE and Namalsk; I'm almost certain that Rocket is on record as having said that he'd like to make DayZ use the features of ACE and, on a separate occassion, mentioned that the map is easily the most simplistic to change part of DayZ. He followed that up by saying (or maybe it's just an implication I read into, I really don't recall) that Chernarus was, essentially, a placeholder. Seeing as neither of those are comparable to DayZ in their features and are essentially being added on top of the other mods, it seems insane to use them in an argument against DayZ.

STALKER... I'm sorry; describe that in words and not videos. I literally have no idea what I watched. I am nothing but confused.

As for the final video, I actually asked for descriptions because watching that I didn't understand how it related to DayZ. I watched the first minute, in which I saw a man with bad aim walking slowly and stopping to look at everything, neither of which reflect gameplay. I also saw a man start with guns, and play alone, which led me to wonder how it was being compared to DayZ at all.

Watching through the first few minutes, up until he got into the vehicle, I'm left feeling the exact same way. I'd still like someone to actually try to describe in words what these mods are and how DayZ steals from them. Shocking though it might be, an assortment of videos isn't great at conveying points.

Oh! It's this thread again!

"Bad mod, bad game, bitch bitch moan bitch sandy vagina bitch moan and bitch"

Here's an idea; every single time something is in production, we should completely bash it and tell the developers/engineers/programmers/mechanics/inventors/innovators/idealists/scientists/researchers that their prototype is absolute shit. After all, a prototype completely determines the end outcome.

/stupid logic

Actually, let's look at this example: The XBox 360. I am no fanboy, but I play the 360 instead of PS3 or Wii. I am also a PC gamer. I was absolutely maddened by the fact of how poorly the XBox was designed. RROD's, overheating, crappy CD trays, etc. you get the point. That's when you need to tell the people who design something that it's a piece of shit, when their "official release" product craps out like the XBox 360 did. Of course, I took advantage of this situation and learned how to repair XBoxes, netting me $600+ in the process.

Anyway, this game is in Alpha. It has much more potential, but it's not going to be officially done overnight. I wouldn't be surprised if DayZ was finally officially release 2 years from now, due to a small development team and trying to maintain the realism factor, which takes quite a bit of thought and balancing.

So, may I kindly ask as of right now, take the dick out of your ass and shove it in your mouth. Once DayZ is officially complete, come back and give your opinion then. As of right now, you're just making me think about little high school girls that bitch in the girls' restroom over pointless matters. Get a job so you can do something else with your life instead of getting angry that you don't like a modification to a game that your daddy gave you the money to buy.