Sign in to follow this  
DrBearthon

Add an Item Combination system.

I feel combining items already ingame would add alot more realism and customisation to DayZ, here are some examples:

Rifle + hunting knife = Bayonet

Jerry can + woodpile + matches = Flaming torch

One binocular lens+rifle = Scoped rifle

Pistol main weapon + pistol side weapon = dual wielding

Bandage + 2 clips = double ammo (60 shots before reloading instead of 30x2)

water bottle + jerry can + bandage = molotov cocktail

Item combinations are limitless, its just a case of choosing the most appropriate ones to add to game.

Edited by DrBearthon

I feel combining items already ingame would add alot more realism and customisation to DayZ, here are some examples:

Rifle + hunting knife = Bayonet

Jerry can + woodpile + matches = Flaming torch

One binocular lens+rifle = Scoped rifle

Pistol main weapon + pistol side weapon = dual wielding

Bandage + 2 clips = double ammo (60 shots before reloading instead of 30x2)

water bottle + jerry can + bandage = molotov cocktail

Item combinations are limitless, its just a case of choosing the most appropriate ones to add to game.

Bayonets can be useful.

A Jerry Can + A wood pile .. we already have Flares and Chemlights for that.

Binocular + Rifle.. Meh.. Don't know why, I just don't like it.

Dual Wielding - NO. This is not Call of Duty. Shooting 1 Sidearm is hard enough IRL (to actually hit). 2 Sidearms won't hit anything. This only happens in the movies.

Bandage + 2 clips = No. Unrealistic. Gluing 2 clips together won't create a larger clip.

Molotov - Could be useful... I guess? We have 4 frag grenades and we never used them. Can't really find a use for it.

Wait until Day Zed goes standalone. That would be the time to suggest this. ArmA 2 can't handle that kind of thing, sorry. Someone told me that when I asked about nail boards.

I believe he means that the mags are taped together, so instead of reaching for another one in your webbing, you flip that sucker over and are back to mowing down Zed in no time flat. I'd actually be interested in that. Hell, add duct tape and it'll seal the deal.

And yes to bayonets. Only if it works properly, but I want a bayonet. Imagine, bayonet charging across Elektro...so much fun...