Residential loot spots. Houses, Apartments, Stores, and I think barns.

• Like 1

I found two in the same play session. I'd give you it if you wanted as I think they're a little glitchy at the moment and require you to stay on the same server, whereas I prefer to play on night servers to jump between them as the day goes on.

Dr621, was it an alrdy working ATV? Someone could have put the tent in the inventory of the ATV. ^^ I don't think all ATVs have them.

I think loot found in new vehicles is, for the most part, randomized. There is a chance that it spawned with a tent in it.

Weren't tents removed to be developed on in the recent patch? So that tent cities were not made anymore? Honestly a few small portable storage boxes might do, and are easier to hide. Then you could have them indoors, too.

I wish there was something easier to store your items at, OW22's storage boxes would be fine. As it is my tent gets looted every time I leave the game for a longer while.

I wish there was something easier to store your items at, OW22's storage boxes would be fine. As it is my tent gets looted every time I leave the game for a longer while.

But weren't they removed? Or are they back? How long were they gone? i'm confused, because I heard they were getting taken out....

Tents were cleared, they fixed a bug with the tents duping themselves on use. They never actually got taken out of the game, only the tents that were already placed.

Find a good place to hide it, but remember were it is, I have 2 set up at my hideout. Use landmarks that are somewhat noticable by you and go from there.

Tents spawn in residential areas - shacks, apartments, houses, supermarkets. Markets have the highest drop rates / loot points, so check there - a friend and I found four tents in Berezino today. For some reason I always find them two at a time.

As for placement, it's very buggy. A good thing to try is the "running placement" - open up gear, right click and hover over "Place Tent." Then, start moving forward (without closing the screen) and hit "Place Tent" after about 6m (when the screen closes itself). If you time it right, you'll place it in front of you. Warning - you still need a flat, open area - attempting to place inside of objects or on steep inclines will cause it to warp, sometimes on top of you. This fix only helps get over the "There's a tree 50m away so you can't place it here" bug.

you obviously leave them in dumb spots.

Only ever found one. It was my first, so I didn't hide it very well. It's in the middle of the woods somewhere, but it's visible if someone ever goes that way. Still, it's 4 days in, and unlooted, so I consider myself lucky. I don't trust the luck will last, tho, so I've been trying for a new tent to place is a better-hidden position for three days now, looting high-value residential and supermarkets, and I'm still to find a single one.

Also, it has swallowed more weapons that I care to remember. I read somewhere it could hold 10 weapons, so I just dropped a lot of weapons there, only to later find they were gone. It seems it can only hold 5, in truth. That, and I left some weapons inside ALICES stored in the tent, and after a server restart, the tent and the ALICE were there, but the packs were empty.

Edited by takfar

Figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread...

If you place a tent, die, then come back and save it will it still disappear after a certain amount of time? Curious because the pack tent option is no longer available.

Edited by Virindi
  • Like 1

Figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread...

If you place a tent, die, then come back and save it will it still disappear after a certain amount of time? Curious because the pack tent option is no longer available.

Yeah, wondering this, too.

Yeah, wondering this, too.

^bump before night time. Guess if no answer when I wake up, I'll just do what I originally planned.