Sign in to follow this  
FreeWayy

People are assholes

i just helped a fellow newbie access another dead players gear. ofc i snatched everything important before he could get it. then he came along with me for a little while only to murder me in cold blood with a hatchet when i wasnt paying attention. :(

Look at life, we're surrounded by horrible people every time we leave the house in the morning. Why would it be any different in a game? The world is full of self-centred twats and that's why it's gone to hell.

• Like 6

It's a game, there are no real consequences and everyone's practically anonymous.

yup, sounds like another day in Day Z. It's hard to trust people but worth it in the end (sort of).

You didn't make it and he will live longer, so he won.

Only people you can trust are your friend irl. Everyone else don't matter because you don't know them and never will (of course there are some exceptions).

Only people you can trust are your friend irl. Everyone else don't matter because you don't know them and never will (of course there are some exceptions).

Unless your RL friends see a broken leg as a reason to euthanize you then talk about splitting up your gear over Skype while you respawn.

Not speaking from experience of course. Just a what if...............................

Ahh the OP's acquintance reminds me of young me starting to play DayZ and doing anything for gear. I hope guilt tears him apart inside and he'll give up to his banditing ways before he's completely lured to the dark side. Time will tell and one can only hope no other player shall ever be murdered in such cold blood in this particularly great game. R.I.P Freeway's character.

I think that is incorrect my friend. Yes he killed a guy who was no threat to him and who would have most likely been a great help in many sticky situations. Will he live longer? We will never know - perhaps he will soon wish he had not killed him because he needs a blood-pack or help against other bandits. Or just somebody to pass some time with and not feel so damn lonely in this game.

I would never do this to someone who tried to help me. I realize that most people's opinions differ quiet a bit and you mean absolutely nothing to them. They will not even hesitate a second before putting a bullet into the back of your head. For absolutely no apparent gain/reason other then "I was worried he might shoot me later" or "I play to win" it seems. So what if he shoots you later? why not take the risk and maybe something good will happen? Worst that can happen is he screws you over and you respawn somewhere along the coast. So what?

People that screw you over like this are not paranoid or careful. They are mostly just selfish, ignorant and in total disregard of the traits that make a person human.

Don't get me wrong, I think bandits are great and very important, and the game would not be the same without them. But there is a difference between a bandit that shoots you for loot or because he likes shooting people, and a sociopath/crazy person that gets gratification from betraying the guy who just helped or screwing someone over whom's trust he just gained.

Gear spawns are infinite in this game, and so killing for gear is not a valid response because if everyone would just be friendly everyone would have totally decked out gear and would never have to worry about losing it. We would all be singing kumbaya at the camp-fire.

But people just like to make life hard for others. Even if doing so makes life harder for them in return.

Edited by Alpo

OP made the mistake of not realizing that everyone else is infected.

YOU ARE LEGEND.

Kill everyone that is not you. You are the only one not infected.

It's funny when you get shot by Dudes with Firearms and you only have a hatchet xD

Hope it was worth the bullets :D

I tried to be friendly three times, now im sick of meeting anyone in the game, only the friendly face of my buddy in Skype, then im happy and we go together :P

Tip: Only group up with people you know for a long time and talking to them in Teamspeak or Skype, otherwise never trust no one in DayZ.

It's easy to lie by yelling friendly in the Mic or in the chat ;)

Yeah Teamspeak is your best bet, anyone else its always fun to tell them you got sights lined up on them (and so have your 2 imaginary friends) so just carry on walking buddy haha

It seems both players were playing for the benefit of themselves, especially when hogging all the decent items.

I started playing some days ago, after reading here that everyone can kill you, i am just shoting everyone i see, as long as i am sure that the bullet will kill them.

I had a quite long session, and was killed by a guy in the very north of the map trying to loot a chopper, i started a new char, went to balota, picked up a shotgun in the hangar, went out of it, and there he was my saviour, bringing me the biggest backpack, almost every belt item except matches, a 1911 and an ak with cobra sights, also lots of other shit, he almost killed me but with that 400 blood i still have have the possibility to get up to 12k, to bad he did not bring matches, too id be at 12k in no time ...

It's funny when you get shot by Dudes with Firearms and you only have a hatchet xD

Hope it was worth the bullets :D

After almost dieing to someone with only a "hatchet", I have no issues shooting them to prolong my life. If they are at range, that's one thing....but once they close the gap without communication, it's game-on.

i just helped a fellow newbie access another dead players gear. ofc i snatched everything important before he could get it. then he came along with me for a little while only to murder me in cold blood with a hatchet when i wasnt paying attention. :(

There can be only one!

Seriously though, somebody needs to capitalize on the PvP/Perm-a-death system that DayZ uses and make a "proper" Highlander game.... that game would be a griefers dream come true!

After almost dieing to someone with only a "hatchet", I have no issues shooting them to prolong my life. If they are at range, that's one thing....but once they close the gap without communication, it's game-on.

That almost happend to a buddy of mine today...what the hatchetman didn't expect was a second machine gunner entering the hallway.