zombine122

Inventory death

what are you trying to ask? we cant help unless you give us info

Is it a question or just a statement? Seems a bit of a waste of a thread just because he can't work out the inventory.

Should I assume that you don't know how the inventory system works?

I like to think I have a pretty good idea, its just very slow and cumbersome. ;)

It is very difficult to use in a pinch/rush.

Also I am finding some quirky bugs with it:

A few times my mouse cursor has totally vanished when opening the inventory screen to bandage myself. its gone and i need to close/open the inventory several times to make it show up again.

I have also had issues picking up things like a hatchet while I have a gun equipped. Also don't understand where the crowbar goes when I pick it up and already have a hatchet equipped. It's not even in my bag, and i don't see it on the ground anymore...?

And don't even get me started on trying to pick up a new backpack, got it figured out in the end, but holy cow... they need to offer a class on using this system.

I understand that its an alpha, i see its a W.I.P. But fair warning to other new players, as this is the new player discussion thread, it will get you killed. Even when you think you have it figured out, its a harsh mistress.

Every time i make it anywhere in this game I die from inventory management.

-I need to bandage... my cursor vanishes and i cannot operate the menu, bleed out.

-I was out of ammo in my gun, i wanted to pick up a hatchet to fight off some zombs. this could not be accomplished quickly or easily.

It should be more intuitive. Your out of ammo, you see an axe on the ground, wtf would you do. Just look at it while you wait for your death to come? Hell no, you would pick that up and start swinging. It shouldn't have to ask you about dropping/changing/switching out useless empty equipment. (and really there is no need to take an ammo magazine from your belt and insert it into the hickory handle of the hatchet before you use it. That is really unnecessary.)

Also, why do I die of thirst laying down in water? That was aggravating. For a 'common item that's everywhere' canteens sure have been hard to find.

anyway I know I may be crying a little here over nothing, but I have found this system to be difficult and not very streamlined. I really hope that they are able to patch it up into a more polished system in future releases. So far a very solid game. 24$ well spent (arma2+combined arms for you sticklers out there... yes dayz is still free)

Off to try again.

It's not the most user friendly system because it was designed for a different game, even then it was a bit wierd. But if you organise your gear well you'll have less issues if your in a hurry.

Not sure why your cursor dissapears, sound like a bug.

If it makes you feel better it will be overhauled at some point.

• Like 1

A few times my mouse cursor has totally vanished when opening the inventory screen to bandage myself. its gone and i need to close/open the inventory several times to make it show up again.

This happens when you alt-tab a lot. There's really no other fix than re-launching the game, or like what you said, opening and closing a lot.

I have also had issues picking up things like a hatchet while I have a gun equipped. Also don't understand where the crowbar goes when I pick it up and already have a hatchet equipped. It's not even in my bag, and i don't see it on the ground anymore...?

Crowbar is considered purely as a primary weapon. It's supposed to go into your primary weapon slot (Which is where the Hatchet is, if you're wielding it.), so it glitches and disappears, most likely.

And don't even get me started on trying to pick up a new backpack, got it figured out in the end, but holy cow... they need to offer a class on using this system.

Scroll mouse wheel > Open ____ Backpack > Put your stuff into it > Close > Scroll mouse wheel again > Take ____ Backpack

I understand that its an alpha, i see its a W.I.P. But fair warning to other new players, as this is the new player discussion thread, it will get you killed. Even when you think you have it figured out, its a harsh mistress.

No, the inventory system is exactly the same in the vanilla ARMA 2, without any mods. It's not the mod's fault.

I was out of ammo in my gun, i wanted to pick up a hatchet to fight off some zombs. this could not be accomplished quickly or easily.

You just have to learn how to be quick.

G > Click primary weapon > Drop > Right click Hatchet > Remove from toolbelt > Kill some Zeds.

(and really there is no need to take an ammo magazine from your belt and insert it into the hickory handle of the hatchet before you use it. That is really unnecessary.)

This feature was supposedly removed/fixed in the recent patches.

Also, why do I die of thirst laying down in water? That was aggravating. For a 'common item that's everywhere' canteens sure have been hard to find.

Ever heard about Soda Cans? They're basically everywhere. They can spawn in any area/loot spot.

Tips in the quote.

Apparently I'm the exception to soda cans being everywhere. I've been through 3 lives, exploring multiple towns as much as I can being that I'm new to the game and don't know where loot usually spawns, and haven't found anything in the way of soda or a water canteen. And that's not to say I haven't found anything at all. I've found food, loads of ammo, clothing, tires, a jerry can, a hatchet, etc. but nothing at all to drink, which is why I'm about to die of thirst....again.

Edited by Coverfire

Apparently I'm the exception to soda cans being everywhere. I've been through 3 lives, exploring multiple towns as much as I can being that I'm new to the game and don't know where loot usually spawns, and haven't found anything in the way of soda or a water canteen. And that's not to say I haven't found anything at all. I've found food, loads of ammo, clothing, tires, a jerry can, a hatchet, etc. but nothing at all to drink, which is why I'm about to die of thirst....again.

remember you can drink water bottles also