banned

Most memorable moment in DayZ so far?

I was running near that airfield yesterday and i shout at the microphone to a russian guy who could barely understand a word in english, we had a nice cooperation for a while, then a zombie break my leg, i told him:"go ahead without me, good luck man." and he gone to cherno.After half an hour this guy comes back with a Morphine Injector and i was like... "Crap i still believe in mankind!"

Edited by tommy3579
  • Like 7

I was at the barracks at the North West Air Field with a friend to search for loot. I stood security outside while he went in to look around. Suddenly I saw a guy up on the roof walking around! I asked him over the mic if he was on the roof and he said no, so I open fired. I saw blood start pouring out of the guy and he fell through the roof into the building as my friend started yelling inside the building! He was shouting "Who's shooting?!, I'm hit!" I said "I'm shooting the guy on the roof" and my friend replied "That's me! The game is glitching! Stop shooting me!" So I did.

Luckily he wasn't killed outright and was able to bandage himself up. I gave him a blood transfusion with a blood bag and all was well....that is until we seperated so I could cook some food and he was killed outside the fire station....and then later we were both killed on another server when a hacker or stupid admin nuked the server and killed everyone.....bastard

Edited by wallyschmo

Met a guy under the name "citizen" today in Berezino, on LU123. I was searching for morphine on the hospital and then he shew up, talking to me via VOIP.

I gave him a transfusion and my AKS kobra I found in the tents (it took too much slots in my backpack. Besides, I got an AKM for myself earlier that day), then we looted 2 supermarkets (he needed some tools like compass \ map and a good pack). Then the server got laggy and he DCed.

Still a memorable moment tho : )

I like the way this goes. Seems like the most intense moments in this game are interactions with other players. Sadly they are so rare -.-

I was on my way to loot the supermarket in stary sobor together with 2 RL friends. One was having the overwatch with a DMR, the other was our axe-murderer and i was just carrying my m14 arround. We approached the supermarket from 2 sides and suddenly my mate said over ts: "I can here voices in there" and when i finally came to the back of the market i heard some guys talking in german about one of them having an infection and how they dont know how to cure it.

Me and my friends discussed for a few seconds about wether we kill them or try to contact. I myself got the most believe in humanity and started talking to them over VoiP and yeah indeed they were pretty scared, but claimed to be friendly. When i entered they were pretty tensed but everyone stayed calm, it might have contributed, that I told them about our Sniper targeting their heads since 2min :) All in all they were quite nice and sadly i couldnt offer them antibiotics, but at least i could give them some tipps and send them for a hospital.

For me this was one of the most memorable moments in DayZ so far, because it was intense, risky and it did actually work. I cant understand all the people here boasting how they kill other players for fun. Maybe i am too good for this game.

• Like 3

This was a couple weeks ago, I had fixed up a bus I found in the centre of Cherno and I decided to drive north along the coast looting as I went (not the smartest choice in hindsight) I eventually made my way to Berezino. I looted the supermarket and a couple of apartments, filling my bus with 10 or so cans of food. I then continued along the main road only to find it was blocked. I start backing my bus up the way I came (buses have absolutely terrible handling) I was going very slowly to avoid hitting any junk or broken vehicles on the road.

I hear large calibre gunshots hitting my bus and my heart literally almost jumps out of my chest. I am incredibly worried about my new bus (the engine health on the bus was red and wouldn't take much for it to explode). The shooter is rationing his shots as to preserve my bus. I am hit once, the shot brings me down to 5000 or so blood and I am bleeding profusely. I have no idea where the shooter is, the way behind me would take a too long and possibly put me in full view of the shooter. I floor the accelerator heading towards the barricade. Then I see a gap between the barricade and the building on the side of the road. I pray my bus will fit between, it doesn't.

My bus is stuck, the shooting has stopped for now. I am still bleeding, down to 3000 blood, I back the bus out and get it through this time, as I drive through the gap the shooting starts again. I don't stop I keep going. I am driving painfully slow across the grass. I find a road leading out of the city, I take it. I pass out while driving, almost hitting a tree at 70 kph. I get out and bandage myself, It was very close I bandaged myself with 200 blood left. I get back in the bus and eat all the food I took from the supermarket bringing my blood back to 2000. I later slaughter a cow which brings my blood up to 5000.

This was my most memorable DayZ

Also if the shooter is reading this I hold nothing against you I may have done the same in your position.

• Like 2

My most memorable moment was when I was looking for weapons in the balota deer stands and I saw a bus going by. The guy noticed me aswell and told me to hop on on VOIP. As I ran for the bus, a sniper started shooting at me from the airstrip. I barely escaped with my life and managed to get on. We went on to play for some hours traveling in the bus until we got ambushed by a group that had grenade launchers near Stary Sobor.

• Like 1

First death, first murder, first helo crash, first time at Stary, first time in the barracks. I run with a decent sized group and we all have so many good/bad times (almost all good) that it's really getting hard to pick.

One time I had a situation like OP said where I was a fresh spawn and worked with a guy over direct that blood bagged me, gave me a gun etc. Ony happened once.

• Like 1

Haha great stories guys. Most of the best times are with player interactions. Share more story that are to come!

In about 2 hours after joining CA1 I joined, a guy in a fire station, and then someone else came who had no mic. voila! group formed! then 2 other guys joined! (his brother, and my friend)

After that we found 1 other guy!!, and he was FRIENDLY!!

I have never seen a more perfect example of teamwork, but most of us died in an attack... Very, very memorable to find so many "friendly" people...

Edited by D Hunter178

Running up to a girl who had m4 silenced with scope, aimed at me and my friend by the church, We ran up to her with only our hatchets and kept Zigzagging so she couldn't hit us. Finally got to her broke her legs and ran in the church cus we had zombies after us. She was outside screaming and finally the zombies ate rest of her. Then message comes up for both ''Enjoy your new weapons'' and we both had the m4 silenced weapons with awesome scopes and some ammo. :P

This.

But apart from that, i've managed to befriend two guys who are great team players! We have Bacon from Ukraine so he translates the signs for us when we need a little helping hand from road signs and such. Then we have Dave whom i had a chance encounter with near Solnichny. Got three more friends that i've persuaded to get the game, and now were off to set up camp somewhere and see how many days we can survive!

Makes a big change from the constant murders and untrustworthy lone wolves that i had encountered up until now.

Can't wait to see what else we can find !

• Like 1

I remember one moment that happened to me early in my dayz time.

I was just going to meet up with a friend near a building. We were really cautios because we had only makarovs and we had seen another player with a rifle in the area. I was almost by the meetupplace when I hear someone talking to me over VOIP, he said:

"Hey you there! Turn around! Look out!"

I turned and saw the armed man coming out of a bush with several zombies after him. We run alongside noone shot because we were busy running from zombies. We actually talked a little and I thought I found one of the few friendly strangers in the game.

I was wrong, after a short silence I turn around to see that the armed player is gone and all the zombies are now chasing me.

-.-

Enter me, spawning in at Balota. I loot the place dry, elude the zombies, and head west. I followed the coastline to see someone standing at the docks. He was LOADED with items. Acog assault rifle, a m9SP, and I'm fairly sure a coyote backpack, with a beat up tank.

"Holy hell, I'm finally meeting a real person eye to eye!"

Approach him cautiously, asking if he was friendly. I equipped my axe in the meantime.

He looks in my direction. "You're in the wrong place at the wrong time.", followed by numerous profanities.

He opens fire, shooting me about four to five times. It's enough to waste the rest of his clip, knock me out for a moment, make me bleed and break my bone.

Within the blurry vision, the clock ticks. I'm bleeding out and in a temporary vegetative state. I hear a whur, and wonder what my fate is going to be.

My consciousness comes back, and gives me enough time to bandage myself while cussing at him. He hops into his beater tank, and goes full speed toward my battered body.

I died that day. Delicious beans were lost.

I play on US 317, which can be laggy sometimes but usually not so bad.

It seems every single player is up in the north trying to find the good loot and fight the good fight. It's been silence in the south.

I have found a few nice weapons near Solichniy and I tend to stick to the treeline. I only enter the town when searching for food or refilling my water.

My most memorable moment was watching a group of bandits hunting two unarmed new players. The unarmed players ran into a warehouse and closed the door behind them. I was up on a hill, behind a tree with my rifle. I waited for the bandits to circle around before I shot them all.

I was gone before I could have a chance to see if my two unarmed friends were alive or if they had escaped through another door.

It's the most memorable because it's the closest I've been to another player actually seeing me.

• Like 1

My first life/night while trying to find my friend I stumbled upon a bicycle near Cap Golova. It was a horribly foggy night but still I was ecstatic and grinning ear to ear. Without a moments thought I hop on and start heading downhill towards Cherno at a breakneck speed (hint hint). About 4 seconds later I found a cliff and my face found a rock. My first life ended without seeing another person or even a zombie.

60 rounds of ammo, four sodas, water bottle, can of pasta, an empty village near fresh water, plenty of hiding places and shelter. Drew a map and called it "Shangri-La." Pressed z to crouch down and take a shot at some zombies to harvest them for food and ammo... Inexplicably, the game took over my controls, walked me forward four steps, and then dumped me into a four story drop that instantly killed me.

So, yeah, that was memorable...

I was doing overwatch duty while the rest of the group went into Berezino to loot. Two survivors pop out of the treeline and begin to engage the people in the town. I sniped them both in the head: 2 bullets 2 kills. They never knew what hit em.

While I lay there starting on my first character, after almost 4 days survival and almost 100 zombies kills. In those final moments I reminissed in my memories as a single tear ran down my cheek.

I was happily looting some med supplies in Elektro just infront of the hospital, and i hear a crack of gunfire and a few shots clip my shoulder. In shock and bleeding i fled to the nearby ally way and bandaged. Still in shock i run around the entire block and sit just behind the hospital. I peak around the corner to see a Player crouching and moving in on the alley i was just in across the street. I sneak around the corner holster my revolver and switch to me Lee Enfield and take a shot. Sucker goes down instantly, i run over to his corpse he has a M1911 and a M1014, before i can take them i got shot and die instantly. By this point i was pretty pissed, but there's more to this story.

I spawn just down the coast from Elektro seizing this opportunity I sprint into elektro with about 3-4 walkers in pursuit i lose them by darting in the tall orange house an exiting the opposite door. I make my way back to the hospital an i sit behind it peaking out, i see my body and the player from before my lee enfield still in hand, no shotgun. I make my way around slowly and notice that over direct chat there is 2 players talking about how they are waitng for another friend. I seize my opportunity run for my lee enfield and the ammo along with my revolver and Alice pack. I notice sat in the alley is a player with an axe, i look up the road and the player now in possession of the shotgun shoots at me but is too far away to hit. I shoot him down with my Enfield and rush to his corpse. I quickly loot both shotgun and m1911 as it has more ammo than my revolver. remembering the axe wielder in the alley i make my way there more or less sprinting and over chat i notice one say "he's been shot, hes dead." I rush into the alley way shoot the axed man in the face taking him out instantly. suddenly a shot hits me in the leg and knocks me to the ground with a timer on screen i notice a player come up to my corpse and loot my pack. After the timer has run down I aim straight for the other player who by now thinks im a goner and shoot him in the chest.

As I lay there bleeding out with no chance of survival i had a smile on my face knowing that i had just taken down a 3 man team, safe to say the chose the wrong survivor to pick on this day.

Blynx out.

Found an eleven man cap ELEVEN!!! today and looted as musch as i could it had 4 unused gilles and i think 5 m4a1 silenced acog sight in it and loads of good stuff it was so fun :D

Ok so I just died along with Kermit at the NW Airfield and lost a bunch of stuff. We tried meeting up but both died again. I spawned in Elektro and found this one survivor named The Running Man. He was friendly and helped me and gave me a gun and some ammo. I saw 2 other survivors in the supermarket and asked if I should shoot them. He said they're cool so I didn't. We meet up with them in the supermarket and and 20+ zombies rush us from all entrances of the store :l running man dies and I was stuck with two guys who only spoke Russian. They had really nice gear and I was very tempted to kill them. I debated whether to shoot or not for about an hour lol. I decided not to and the guys were really nice. We had small talk and we survived many zombie rushes and we laughed and stuff :D So I had to get off and now we are all talking in skype and having a blast (I'm using google translator to speak Russian :D) I think I might not be a bandit anymore because I met some really cool guys that I wouldn't have met if I killed them :)

So i was taking a solo loot run in Stary for my squad (everyone was in camp and not ready to move out) I was in the red building next to the horse stables when i hear in direct com " Someone help, i have been shot, i NEED a BB;as i am at 400 blood. I have a dmr/Ak-74/g17 all at 5 clips, i am willing to give any of them away for help. I am in the horse stable, in one of the rooms to the side prone." So i started to talk back, asking stuff such as " Where did the shot come from?" and "I will help, don't shoot" The survivor told me he was shot from the ever loved sniper hill behind the military tents. I came in the stable and I was already getting shot. I came in and started to BB the player ( I am lucky that he was not lieing.. i heard the shots that were aimed at him in the first place but they could have been staged) and we both heard someone running into the stable. I automatically thought it was the sniper coming down for the kill. I looked inside the main hallway and there was a survivor with a MP5SD coming around the corner, i let him pass, BUT he turned around and started to unload a full clip at the doorway i was in. I waited for him to need to reload and then he took 1/2 of an AK-74 clip to the chest. The other survivor I just saved then said, "Is it clear?" I responded with a simple, i think. We then started to head our way out of Stary, easy so we could check the hill by wrapping around the town. Out of nowhere, a DMR shot hit right between us and we both took cover prone behind a bush (not really cover lol). i then took out my M24, the other survivor spotted the Sniper for me, and I killed him with a clean headshot. Me and the other survivor got out of Stary safely. The survivor that i saved thanked me as i bid him farewell. I was sure to keep my scope on him while he left..... and he didn't betray me. So i guess sometimes being kind is the better than shoot on sight.. even for a bandit; a bandit with a code :D

Edited by RealityConcept