karlnp

Seattle - TARKOVSKY and LEM - 1.7.1.5 - hosted by mediumdifficulty.com

Hey everyone!

Medium Difficulty TARKOVSKY server

Port 2302

Regular difficulty, crosshairs, no nametags

Seattle location

4 cores at present (runs things pretty handily)

HIVE 0.6, released but hours ago

50 player slots

Medium Difficulty LEM server

Port 2402

Veteran, no crosshairs, no nametags, no third-person

Seattle location

3 cores at present (runs things pretty handily)

HIVE 0.6, released but hours ago

50 player slots

We only kick for harassment, racism, sexism, trolling, and the like. It's a place to have fun and we ensure that as DICTATORS.

Email dayz@mediumdifficulty.com for questions and comments. Right now the only admin is me, and my ingame id is Karl.

The server's turning out to be quite popular, so I've had to upgrade to a $90/mo plan, which I can't afford at all. Please consider donating if you like the server.

They're synced to timezones which are daylight at peak hours.

Cheers!

Bumping this post due to a request from "please don't shoot me".

We're updating to the beta patch tonight.

I'd like to open a second server, but can't until I get enough donations. If you're interested in the same quality server as TARKOVSKY, except on an inverted timescale and in Expert mode, go here.

Hello! Played on Tarkovsky over the weekend and enjoyed it thoroughly. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but the server currently appears to be running a different version than 1.60. Is there something I need to do in order to join? Thanks!

I'm proud to announce LEM, the HARDCORE sister server to TARKOVSKY! Have fun!

Both servers are now running 93121 and on daylight. Please post here if you have any issues.

I'd like to encourage people who encounter server-hopping & disconnecting bandits (who are effectively teleporting) to submit screenshots & names to the dayz@mediumdifficulty.com address.

karlnp, just a friendly heads up, we had codenamed our servers as well and were asked to change. I'm not saying that you will be, but being the first to run codenames in the namespace and experiencing that, I'm just suggesting you don't make too much of an effort to brand your servers like that.

Thanks, mojo. I'll be happy to change them when asked, but in the meantime I want to pay tribute to some of my favourite eastern bloc artists.

Thanks' date=' mojo. I'll be happy to change them when asked, but in the meantime I want to pay tribute to some of my favourite eastern bloc artists.

[/quote']

Hah yeah, I recognized the names right away. So question: Stalker or Solyaris?

thanks guys!

Tarkovsky was originally a STALKER reference, and i love Lem so i figured degrees of association okay enough to use them both

Karl, wanted to drop a line and let ya know myself and the group I play with are having a blast on Tarkovsky. You're doing a good job as admin with the restarts and such. Thanks man.

Hey thanks, Zog! I really appreciate posts like yours.

Yo this is Crecy :) My girlfriend, and my 8 or so friends love to play on your server and are(I hope) donating to you :) Keep up the good work ;)

Hey guys! We're back now. Sorry for the outage - I was AFK and the monitoring software I use chose to go kaput.

@karlnp: We used to play on Vancouver 2 (LEM) for the longest time, but its been down now for weeks so we took our entire group to Seattle 3 (which has now been down for 8 hours).

I see the TARKOVSKY (US 41 Seattle 12), but I don't see the LEM (which is the one we like because of the hardcore ruleset)

What is the new name of the LEM server? Any idea on why it isn't showing on the server list?

I'm trying to re-add LEM tonight, but if it doesn't work it'll be down until I can find a decent FireDaemon alternative.