Centra

Logging off to avoid death

Rapira has repeatedly, instantly logged off after being shot to avoid death.

Pretty pro maneuver.

signing in to make this kind of stuff bannable offense.

also something like a timing when you loggoff this way to keep your body actually still on the server for 2 min, this way, no logoffski-cheater even when we find him and didnt hurt him.

Agreed that it should be bannable. Makes the game risk free for anyone that can alt-f4 fast enough. I put a shot into Rapira's center mass, watched him drop, then put another shot in him to only have him disconnect. I would have loved to turn into a bandit for killing a cheater.

When you disconnect, no matter how you do it, the server saves your stats.

You are not playing the game in your players avatar. You are spawned a new one and this avatar survives after disconnect. You can alt-F4 all you want, but the server will save the exact state.

The PVP punishment system will be extended to be aware across servers, and it will be able to detect those who are server hopping. they will receive a warning, and then be killed if continued

I was at the airfield crawling through zombies, climbed a ladder, got to the top, and just fell for no reason. And before you say "HOLD W IDIOT", I know how to play, and I did. The engine's ladders are just awful and inconsistent. Poopy and I always say, "If we die in this game it won't be because we were legitimately defeated, it will be because we got glitched". That shit was NOT my fault and I might lose all of my gear and progress because of it. WTF

EDIT: Altf4 saved me.

The engine's ladders are just awful and inconsistent.

Were you climbing the ladder with your pistol out? That's always a recipe for disaster.

When you disconnect' date=' no matter how you do it, the server saves your stats.

You are not playing the game in your players avatar. You are spawned a new one and this avatar survives after disconnect. You can alt-F4 all you want, but the server will save the exact state.

The PVP punishment system will be extended to be aware across servers, and it will be able to detect those who are server hopping. they will receive a warning, and then be killed if continued

[/quote']

thanks for reacting so quickly about this issue, but isnt there a way to make a buffer saving (for idk like 30 sec ?) because some peoples still gonna be able to loggoff then wait a bit and come back, i know it a very vicous side of this game, but i dont see how to fix that other than a buffer

I was at the airfield crawling through zombies' date=' climbed a ladder, got to the top, and just fell for no reason. And before you say "HOLD W IDIOT", I know how to play, and I did. The engine's ladders are just awful and inconsistent. Poopy and I always say, "If we die in this game it won't be because we were legitimately defeated, it will be because we got glitched". That shit was NOT my fault and I might lose all of my gear and progress because of it. WTF

[/quote']

i dont see where this is related m8, tho i cant disagree with the ladder mechanics

Were you climbing the ladder with your pistol out? That's always a recipe for disaster.

Yeah as a matter of fact I was. I don't know if that's the real cause though because I've fallen while holding the Einfield too' date=' and when I logged back in and healed I went back up with my M9 and made it. I guess I just won't go up ladders with my pistol anymore and hope for the best, thanks.

i dont see where this is related m8, tho i cant disagree with the ladder mechanics

My body would stay in the server and continue to bleed out/be eaten by zombies, but the whole situation was the fault of a glitch. I think the system is fine now; if you're going to kill someone, make sure you hit them in the head or hit them a lot very quickly so they pass out and have low blood. Then even if they log back in they are unconscious and will bleed out before they wake up because they were hit so many times.

Before the 1.4 and so on updates, I noticed all of the {TCG} guys doing that crap. I'm not just saying that because I'm an admin of a feuding Roleplay community, cause I'm not the only one who has noticed it. Since then, I noticed that it doesn't help people anymore and so I laugh while I pry their guns from their cold, dead, unmoving fingers.

There should be some solution for this altf4ing.

You shoot some bandit, he disconnects, makes a coffee and eats, and joins another server to patch him self up and continue like nothing happened.

You can save urself from a Z horde with this method as well.

Perhaps some punishment if u disconnect while alerted zombies around and/or u are bleeding, shaking or whatnot. Bind Alt+F4 to Suicide? :D

Or the avatar stays 30 secs in the gameworld after disconnecting, so when u do disconnect you should be in a good place. Idk. Just throwing ideas in the air here...

I like the avatar staying active for 30 seconds idea...Most people find a safe place before they log off anyway (I practice this religiously)

I like the avatar staying active for 30 seconds idea...Most people find a safe place before they log off anyway (I practice this religiously)

I do exactly the same.

Although I can imagine that no matter which solution for this is provided, it will hurt those that get accidental crashes or must leave for some other reason no matter which situation is going on...

That's the catch-22, there is no real final solution. I've had my share of server disconnects.

Sadly guys it works both ways, as a survivor i've been shot by bandits and altf4'd out and came back on another server. I get sick and tired of having to avoid/hide from players... I'm here to play with people not hide from 99% of them. If your going to stop it completely get rid of all rifles that can hit targets at more then 300m cause i'm sick of being sniped at by some fag hiding in trees 900m out that I can't see.

A guy named Pyroflash did it to me last night. He took a pot shot at me but didn't know i had a cz. I one shotted him. Took all his gear and like 20 min later I see him creep back to his corpse. So me being a fair player told him to walk away from it or I would shoot, he didn't listen and I fired a warning shot. He turned and started looking for where the shot came from so I decided to light him up, keep in mind I was pretty far away from him and the first bullet hit him he alt f4d. I was kinda pissed. He is on my kill on sight list, which i actually have written down.

It's quite annoying to have a friend killed by someone who just loaded in, then they grab the gear and disconnect before we get a chance to return the favor. It ruins the game on so many levels I really wish the player avatar would stay for a good 2 - 3 minutes allowing the situation to play through without letting the coward avoid his demise.

It was the TCG guys doing this.

The *only* way I can think of to prevent players from alt+F4 is to make an optional path for disconnect that offers the chance to save your gear and location to the database and takes a minimum amount of time to complete, 10 or 15 seconds say. You could select it with the mouse wheel if you like. This would only work IF everything else was committing suicide.

Currently (I think) the mod saves your current state to the database every 60 seconds or something like that. I'm not even sure why it needs to do that... the only advantage I see being that if the server you are on crashes, or your connection is lost, you still have your last saved location and gear when you join a server next time. How often does this actually happen? More accurately how often will servers be resetting (or crashing) once the mod reaches beta or beyond? If your status were only fed to the database when you are disconnecting (or die) the frequency of automatic server updates could be greatly reduced, maybe every 60 minutes or something instead, reducing the workload on the current system as a bonus.

This would mean someone alt-F4'ing out would only be able to rejoin with gear/location that they had at the last db update.

Worried about all your l337 gear? Disconnect once an hour to make sure it's backed up.

Agreed. It could also be only if they are in "combat" (shooting or being hit by something) to avoid legitimate crashes getting people killed.

Meh it annoyed me at first but I stopped caring.

The whole point of me shooting at them is to get rid of them so them logging out accomplishes that for me since I know they aren't gonna log back in anytime soon.

15 seconds is usually enough to finish somebody off.

Had a *GRU*dambaz guy log off after he tried to pk me earlier today and ended up with a shotgun slug in his belly.

It is ok karma bit Rapira in the ass today. They were complaining in side channel that some one was doing the same to them.

I like the idea of not allowing someone to log after being involved in a fight (be it with zombies or players). It would make a lot of sense as you should ideally be logging out in an area safe enough to log back into without being killed instantly, and it avoids all those cowardly acts committed by PvPers who are about to die.