Sign in to follow this  
Lady Kyrah

Fireplaces - Need a water canteen to be put out

My suggestion is pretty simple.

• Every fireplace burn for a good while if left alone and then extinguish by themselve.
  • To extinguish it yourself you need to pour a water canteen on it.
  • An extinguished fireplace cannot be relit.
  • Extinguished fireplaces will keep smoking for about an hour after being put out.

Why?

Because i love fireplaces but i think they should be visible from miles away even if you light it for 5 seconds, cook meat and put it out.

Because finding fireplaces that players didn't bother to put out to save water would be interesting, not only for the quick warmup/cooking but also because then you know "someone was here not too long ago!"

It would also break the eternal darkness of the nights , and allow for more interesting encounters.

It's not that hard to just stomp on a small fireplace to put it out, you know.

And I'm not sure how many times you've went camping, fireplaces are only visible if you use living fire materials (not dead plants). Though maybe the firewood you collect freshly off of trees could fit into that catagory.. If you use dead plants and dried out wood, the smoke is white and barely visible against the skies.

• Like 1

Kicking dirt onto a small fire will put it out and prevent smoldering (and additional smoke after being put out) so this suggestion is not good

real quick, why would anyone want to invest in putting out fireplaces ?

if this would be implemented noone would put out his fireplace

Same as above, no need for water to put out a fire, just throw some dirt on it then stomp out the embers. Nice idea, but unfortunately covered by real life.

They are visible from a mile away.

ok I know what you are trying to achive, but wouldn't it be more logical to create more smoke from burning fireplaces, that way you get extra functionallity from fireplaces: lures for an ambush

And yea as I mention don't think anyone will "waste" water in putting them out ;)