Sign in to follow this  
aseliot

Looting your former self

I was going to suggest to make players unable to loot their former dead selves, but i guess friends could then do it for them. Then i was going to suggest that all the stuff that was from the dead player cant be used by him anymore (at least that day). But i guess it's all a bit weird... because yeah looting your dead body is weird... not being able to loot something or wear something that was from your former self is also weird. But i think this is a pretty big group exploit. dead is dead, and your stuff should be gone. I don't care if you're in a group, and i don't care if it's just a game . It's just a stupid way of endlessly being alive without having anything to loose.

There should be some way they could make this work right.

if your in the far north and die you lose all your stuff, due to the fact of spawning maybe 200 kilometers away

I have yet to loot my own dead body. Mainly because when I die it's either waaay to far away or in a spot I can't get to because it's to dangerous. Also I don't see how your buddies picking up your stuff is a problem, most of the time they don't have the space to carry all of your stuff with them anyhow.

• Like 1

You know, I love how one minute people are crying that there's not enough incentive to group with other players (even though there is), then the next minute someone comes along and gripes that we need to remove incentives to group-up with other people. Being able to loot your own corpse is just meta-gaming; and being in a group that can guard or loot your corpse so you can get your gear back is just part of the advantage to having (or making) friends to play with.

• Like 1

I understand the advantage of a group, but i read about this guy that died and had his buddy camp on his body to make sure he could get his stuff back. I don't think this is meant to be part of the game. Really takes away the thrill of dying and losing everything, yeah death should be even more hardcore like 24 hours or something

Edited by Aseliot

I don't mind getting your gear back, who wouldn't be happy? Most of the time people die they are very far away from their dead body anyway and most of them are hiden by their murderer.

I also hide bodies so just people can't loot them.

You are not looting your former self. Your former self is dead and your current self is a completely new person. That's what they mean by perma death.

Edited by DayZPvP.com

One way to kind-of make this work is as mentioned before: make death longer.

For instance not being able to log back into the game until your body is gone. (either by hiding or removed by the server)

This way your friends can still loot your body and hide it so you can get back in the game quicker. (Bigger incentive for team work.)

And it is a solution to the core you described as: " It's just a stupid way of endlessly being alive without having anything to loose."

A side effect that I can see come out of this is dc-ing becoming more rampant when you punish death even harder.

Edited by PointAndClick

I like the "can't log in until body has left the map" idea. Would certainly boost the team work like PointAndClick said. And a BIG no to the idea of not being able to use items you looted from your former self or your friends did.

I like the "can't log in until body has left the map" idea. Would certainly boost the team work like PointAndClick said. And a BIG no to the idea of not being able to use items you looted from your former self or your friends did.

Good idea, let#s take this oen step further.

The further you are inland the faster you get back into the game because you can't reach that place anyway.

I always leave the dead bodies of other people for either noobs of the former person to loot(after i am done with it of course). It's only common courtesy in an apocalypse. it really isn't a big exploit, since they can just find eqivalents to their old gear in an hour.....