Sign in to follow this  
Freekill0

Installed latest Beta Patch, but version won't update

I've done a lot of lurking the forums on BI and here in hopes to find help, but nobody else seems to have ever had this issue. For the most part I download the latest Beta Patch (94945) and install it, the installation goes just fine and I click "ok" after it finishes. When I launch ArmA 2: Combined Operations (DayZ) in the lower right corner it still shows me at Beta Patch 94444. I tested this on both my laptop (trying to install 94945) and my desktop (trying to install 94876). Laptop is trying to go from 94444 > 94945 and desktop is trying to go from 94700 > 94876 so clearly it isn't an issue with the Beta Patches themselves. I have the latest DayZ update but the beta patches are causing me hell right now. I have redownloaded them multiple times as well.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Freekill0

you probably forgot to copy and replace the "arma2oa.exe" from the main arma OA folder with the one in the ...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\... folder?

that's what I initially forgot anyways

Edited by zoidish

If you're launching it through Steam, you have to overwrite the original .exe with the Beta .exe.

Yeah, literally right after posting this I was like "oh wait a minute, if this is the issue I am going to feel really dumb" Fixed it, forgot to copy paste the new beta file! We all have those moments... Thanks guys.