Sign in to follow this  
Esoteric

Trouble joining any server

Hi, I realise theres millions of these threads that have been made over the last week due to the recent patches but I haven't found any answers that have helped me.

First problem I have when connecting to a server is the fact it will seem to load the 'Mission file' it'll load 0kb/0kb and continue through some other loading screens till it eventually freezes on Waiting for character to create, sometimes it'll get past that screen and load the wilderness plains with objective markers (+distance from them) yet I can't move or open inventory so I have to esc and close the game.

Other times it does load the Mission file and very rarely will it load through the entire game and I'll be able to play trouble free (like twice out of hundreds of attempts) most times it'll load the mission file then freeze at any screen, either 'Loading' or Waiting for Character to create or anything inbetween.

This was all happening during 1.7.2 and now 1.7.2.3.

I've also gotten a battleye client stopped responding error, I have reinstalled it since then, hasn't helped any other issues.

I'm running ArmA:CO through Six Launcher and previous to these patches the game had been perfectly fine.

Thanks for any and all help!

I've had the same problem all morning. Running the game through six launcher. Any time I connect, the game gets stuck on "waiting for character to create", "receiving data", or a blank loading screen after "waiting for character to create". Backdating does NOT fix the problem, at least not for me.This happens on any server, no matter what version they are running.

I am experiencing the same issue. The most recent update ( 1.7.2.3 ) announced that they had fixed the "loading screen" problem, but I'm afraid it still hasn't been completely resolved.

I'm going to keep searching the forums for any possible solutions.

There is alot of stress on the servers atm, altho I have not encountered any of these problems, try doing the manual install and not Six Launcher, use the 94876 beta and download all the files from the dayz site, doing this fixed all my problems, Six Launcher (imo) is just a massive dick.

Check my post here for more details about manual install :-

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30306-armax-problems-thread/page__st__80

Peace,

Edited by rapier<3

Same here stuck in the "Waiting for host" screen.

Tho in the left-low corner I can see the updates of the server like:

Dan was killed

Yeah, I often get the same thing Xazbot, being able to see all the players being killed/someones errors.

On some loading screens I can press esc to bring up the menu and exit, not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do that on a loading screen.