Sign in to follow this  
Snipe76

hacked weapon?

Hey there, 2 friends of mine killed 2 players in the game and they found on them G36C...

so i want to ask if this weapon is in the dayz mod? i mean can it be found or only hacked? also, can he get banned for that?

here is an picture: ( also don't ask where is he, he spawned out of the map... )

8Poxo.jpg

Edited by Snipe76

As far as I know that weapon is not in the DayZ mod.

Not 100% sure though and am going mostly off the guns listed on the DayZ wiki http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons

I would suggest noting down the time your friend killed the players, the server and the names of the players he killed if he managed to get it.

This will make it easier for the server admin to check the logs if the decide to follow up on this.

Edited by Scene

Same as above. As far as I know, this weapon is not in the mod, thus, hacked.

And yes, you can get banned for using a hacked weapon.

Edited by krtshv

I think being banned based just on using the weapon would come down to the admins discretion.

If a new player managed to stumble across a hacked weapon on a dead player and used it without knowing it was hacked, I don't think that deserves a ban.

But an experienced player that finds a weapon they know is hacked in and still uses it is deserving of a ban.

I also recommend you report this to this thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/32-cheat-reporting/

providing the server, time is happened suspected hackers name etc and hopefully the admin of the server finds the post.

I believe I read somewhere that you cant be banned for using it if you looted it from some hacker. But only if you do it yourself.

But it might be up to the admins, but I doubt it. + it might not be any ammo for it out there anyway.

Okay, YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR HACKING IT IN.

You won't get banned from DayZ for having it, only hacking it in. BUT server admins can ban you from thier server if they find you using hacked weapons.

That player that you looted might not have hacked it in himself, but that weapon is pretty much hacked in. BUT, without official words from the dev team, we really can't be sure as it has an Icon in the mod, so there is the possibility that it is okay.

One of the guys I used to run with found an Mk 16 CCO (SCAR-L without camo) in the barracks. As he found it on the ground with ammo, we supposed that there could be a chance that there are indeed weapons we don't know about in the loot tables, but are so rare many will never see them. We don't know for sure, and he died the next day, never getting a chance to fire a round off. We left the gun on his body.

We had some strange behaviour on our server so I closed it to look at the server logs. Seems someone on our server had the G36C_camo on him. I take it I am able to ban them?

I have a screenie of the server log to back it up.

post-55039-0-78286000-1342391716_thumb.j

Edited by J1mbo

I though the way to id a hacked weapon was that it had no icon in your inventory. I could be wrong though.

I think being banned based just on using the weapon would come down to the admins discretion.

If a new player managed to stumble across a hacked weapon on a dead player and used it without knowing it was hacked, I don't think that deserves a ban.

But an experienced player that finds a weapon they know is hacked in and still uses it is deserving of a ban.

I also recommend you report this to this thread http://dayzmod.com/f...heat-reporting/

providing the server, time is happened suspected hackers name etc and hopefully the admin of the server finds the post.

But then anyone could pick up a hacked weapon and just claim ignorance...

We had some strange behaviour on our server so I closed it to look at the server logs. Seems someone on our server had the G36C_camo on him. I take it I am able to ban them?

I have a screenie of the server log to back it up.

post-55039-0-78286000-1342391716_thumb.j

You can also see that he has a 100 round Drum magazine for it.

But banning him from your server will not do much as he could just log onto another server, but if you want to you are well within your rights.

I though the way to id a hacked weapon was that it had no icon in your inventory. I could be wrong though.

Only if it was hacked/modded into Arma II, not ported over from Arma II into dayZ

Edited by DesertRose

Same as above. As far as I know, this weapon is not in the mod, thus, hacked.

And yes, you can get banned for using a hacked weapon.

Can you actually get banned for just using a hacked item? Because I've got some assholes talking to me telling me that you only get banned if you're the one spawning in the items.

Can you actually get banned for just using a hacked item? Because I've got some assholes talking to me telling me that you only get banned if you're the one spawning in the items.

If I were you I would just leave it.

Edited by Copgun