Mr Zee

FPS Dropping Randomly

I've had this problem too last night. Was playing with some friends and two of them noticed this fps drop over time too.

We were in Electro for about half an hour, but playing for about two hours before that. I was streaming so I could see my fps on the top left corner, it was droping 1~2 fps every 6 minutes or so.

When it got to 8 fps I reconnected and everything went fine again.

Edited by bownser

It happens to me too. I play for about 20 minutes, then fps drops to 25. I relog, the same server and the same spot and I have 60-80 fps I should normally be around.

Edited by Jacomo

Last night my squad moved its tent to US 381. I played on that server for several hours. Performance was great.

Tonight I connected to the same server. My framerate was literally 2-3 fps. When I first spawned in and saw the text in in the lower right corner, it appeared and disappeared at about 2-3 characters per second. I'm not kidding.

I disconnected and connected to US 500. Performance was fine again. Framerate was smooth. The text popped in and out rapidly.

I disconnected and reconnected to US 381. Performance was horrible again.

What in the world is going on?

All Gamebooster does is close other programs before starting the game; you can do that yourself without running yet another magic program. Good grief, all these incantations used when running Windows is like black magic. I hope we get a Linux version someday.

Background processes is not the issue here. The issue is one in the ARMA engine on the server and client of letting world objects persist and build to an excess. For some reason that slows the client down as well.

I suppose all we can do is wait for the upcoming DayZ patch and hope that it fixes the problem!

Edited by Killswitch

I've got the same problem....

But I have to say that my whole system has been built up only for Arma 2 (2 or 3 years ago), so i really chose specific hardware which works best for arma...

CPU: Phenom 965 X2 @ ~3970 Mhz (NB- and HT-Frequency also increased because Arma wants mainly bandwidth in addition to the cpu power)

Memory: 2x2GB Kingston DDR3-2000 @ ~1584 Mhz, CL6-6-6-18 1T

GPU: AMD Radeon HD5870 2048MB (Eyefinity6-Edition)

HDD: 80GB Intel X25 M2 Postville SSD

When I start a game it runs smoothly and i have a high framerates ~40-50 frames. It doesn't drop below 35 fps at that time. But as longer i play as worse my framerate is getting. After some hours i only had 4-5 fps left... (changing the graphic settings to very low didn't change anything)

I also checked the Memory usage while gaming (jumped into Windows and checked it via the Task-Manager). According to the task manager there was still enough memory left but not in use...

And as I can see there are also other people with 8GB of memory having the same problem, I think it probably doesn't have anything to do with the memory usage or too less memory...

I hope they are able to fix this soon :/